Chaper Four: Someone's happiness

Y/N POV

It's been a few days already and Haechan hasn't talked to me since that night. I was still so worried about what could happen. "Will he ever talk to me again?" I thought when I was in class. It's all I've been thinking about the past few days. WinWin was sitting next to me and he had noticed the down look on my face. He leaned over. "Are you okay?" He whispered. I snapped out of my trance and smiled at him. "I'm good." I nodded. He seemed worried. I sighed as I finished working in class. We had a few minutes before our next period started. WinWin paced by me. "Are you sure you're okay? You've been acting odd the past few days.." WinWin scratched his head nervously. I stopped in my tracks. "Yeah, I'm just worried." I chuckled. "Worried about what?" I just realized what I said. I didn't want WinWin to know about me letting down Haechan, I didn't want him to feel more disappointed. "Oh. The other day.. I blew you off so I feel pretty bad about it." I looked down at my feet. I felt a shade of embarrassment on me. " ohhhhhh." He stretched his neck and arms and shrugged. "Don't worry. You didn't blow me off. It's totally cool." He made a small smile. His dimples showed quickly. I couldn't help but smile. "Thank you."
"How about we hang out today to make up for it?" He smirked. "I'm caught up on studying so, if you're free we could...? Maybe?" He made a cheesy smile. I laughed softly. "Sure." I smiled and quickly sprinted to the next classroom.

Time skip

WINWIN POV

I shuffled my feet while I waited in the hallway. "Y/N is still coming right?" I thought. I spotted someone in the corner of my eye. I quickly looked to see it was Mark. "Yo bro, why you so jumpy?" Mark leaned up against the wall beside me. "I'm not." I looked down. "You've been acting weird... hmmm what's up?" Mark lightly punched my shoulder. "It's nothing, seriously." I nodded seriously. I felt a weird feeling but I wasn't sure what the feeling was. "I don't believe you." Mark laughed. "Well, so there this girl I like." My ears peeped as he said that. "Who is it??" "Wow." Mark shook his head with a small smirk. "I won't tell you unless you tell me. It's a fair deal." Mark shrugged and walked off.

Y/N POV

I was quickly walking through the halls, I got lost in study hall and lost track of time. "I hope WinWin hasn't been waiting for too long." I thought as I grabbed hold of my bag. When I turned the corner I accidentally banged into someone. "Oh sorry." It was from Mark. He bowed and scratched his head, he had a smirk on his face. I walked past him and saw WinWin waiting at the end of the hall. So, I sprinted towards him. "I'm sorry!" I said. He stood up straight. "Why are you sorry?" He put his hands in his pockets. "For making you worry." I chuckled nervously. "Don't worry about it." When I looked at him I noticed his light pink cheeks. We walked together out of school. "So. Where are we going?" I swung back and forth with a tune in my head. "A surprise." He smiled as he opened the door for me. I just followed him as he led me. "Are you sure you don't want to get changed before going?" He looked back at me. "I'm good. Thank you for asking." I smiled as I held onto my bag. "It'll be quick." We were walking a few blocks in town. It felt good to actually get to spend time with him. Even if I wasn't talking that much. His presence was really sweet. I could feel his presence and that made me feel so light. But, something was still unsettling for me. I still had this feeling of guilt or anxiety in my heart that I couldn't shake. I looked at the ground as WinWin looked back at me. "Is everything okay?" He asked. "Yes." I popped back up. "Alright." He had a doubt in his voice. "Let's make most of this time spent together!" I said to try to cheer him up. "You're right." He had a soft smile. He led me to a parlor. As we walked in I immediately saw all the ice cream flavors. I ran up to the counter and studied each flavor. "Have you decided on one?" WinWin popped his head over my shoulder. "It's so hard to decide." I bit my lip. "One Hazelnut Swirl." WinWin said, then he stared at me to say what I wanted. Under pressure, I just said, "I'll take the same thing." I scratched my head nervously. We both got our ice cream and sat down. Someone sat outside the window. I glimpsed with the corner of my eye. I saw the familiar hair and sideline. I then looked as I stuffed my face. It was Haechan. He was sitting on his phone, at a table, in the beautiful sunlight. At that moment I had felt my chest sink. He stood up and was walking in. I hid my face with the ice cream cone so he wouldn't see me. "What are you doing?" WinWin had not seen Haechan, who was behind him. So he didn't know. "Uhhhh... just blocking the sunlight." I whispered. But I was peeking at Haechan, hoping he wouldn't notice. But, my eyes were locked on him. He got his ice cream and shuffled his other hand in his pockets. He then took a small glance at me. Froze for a second, then left. I felt like the moment he had walked away, that I was breaking. I didn't want him to feel this way. I didn't want him to be sad, or angry. "Why does this bother me so much?" I thought. WinWin waved his hand in front of my face. "You're so deep in thought. Are you sure you're okay?" WinWin looked closely at me. I looked down. "Something is bothering me... you're right. I just can't tell you." I shrugged. "Oh. You can always talk to me or whatever. I'd listen." WinWin looked outside with this brief, distant look. "I'm sorry." I felt my stomach-turning. "It's okay!" WinWin's mood suddenly changed. He had a smile on his face, with pink cheeks. "I don't need to know everything, but if you ever want to. I am here, or yeah." He shrugged and scratched the back of his head. "Thank you for understanding... I'll tell you when I can." I chuckled. But I still felt bad for not telling him. I didn't want WinWin to feel bad, or left out. We finished our ice cream and left. We were walking side by side, down the sidewalk. As cars drove past. "Thank you for taking the time to spend time with me." I smiled. "No problem." WinWin made a quick eye smile. I still had a guilty feeling. I'm not sure why it bothered me so much, but it did. I tried to distract myself with other thoughts. We had arrived back at the dorms and it was starting to get late. We were in the hallway. I was unlocking my dorm door. Winwin suddenly said: "do you have plans for dinner?" I turned around to him. "Oh.." I felt like I had to say no, even though I didn't want to. I wanted to be with him so bad. "I'm sorry, I do...kind of?" I shrugged. "Oh." WinWin shrugged. "Don't take that the wrong way. I want to spend time with you." He stopped me. "Don't worry about it." He smiled. "Maybe another day? I'd love to eat with you. I do owe you for that Ice cream so!" I made a small smile. "Yeah. That sounds good. Whenever school doesn't get in the way that is." He shrugged with his hands in his pockets. He left as I walked into my dorm room. I still had this lingering feeling in my chest like I had to do something. I sat down at my table, just staring. I couldn't bring myself to do anything other than sit and stare. I was trying to think about what was bothering me so much.
But then I had a flashback to what happened earlier. Haechan. Seeing Haechan. I facepalmed myself. "Why do I keep thinking about him? Why does what happened to bother me so much? Why can't I get his face out of my head?" I shook my head virtually. Then I held my hands on my head and shook myself around. "Why am I like this??" I whined to myself. I sat there for a long time not knowing what to do. "Should I go to his house and apologize?" I paused. "Or should I text him?" I picked up my phone. I felt so convinced. I didn't want Haechan to be sad, or angry, or uncomfortable. I want to be close to him, I want to be there for him. I made up my mind. I stood up, grabbed my bag, and headed out. Even though it was already late, and I didn't even know if Haechan was still up. But, Nothing could've stopped me from feeling this way or change my mind. I was speed walking in the parking lot of the school. I was single-minded. I wanted to be with Haechan at the moment. I wasn't sure why I felt this determined and why this was so important to me, but, the only thought that was going through my mind was: Haechan. I arrived at the main road, and I called a taxi, and I got in. I closed my eyes and just focused on the thought of his face. "I don't want to lose him." I thought. I arrived at Haechan's house and knocked on the door. His mom had opened the door. "Oh, Y/N. What are you doing here?" She asked. "Is Haechan here?" My chest felt so heavy. I don't know why I was so nervous, or scared. "Oh, no. He went out to the convenience store for me. He said he was picking up a few things." Immediately when she said that, I turned around. I started to sprint down the street to the convenience store. I turned the corner, and the store was right there. I slowly opened the door and looked around. The small store seemed so empty. I looked down multiple aisles and didn't see Haechan. It seemed the cashier was in the break room as well. It was quiet, but I heard a slight noise. I stopped in my tracks and listened very closely. It was a slurping sound. I walked down an aisle and turned the corner. Haechan, sitting on the floor, slurping up ramen instant noodles. His eyes were at the ground. His expression seemed so empty. My heart sank as I saw him. I slowly walked up to him. "H-Haechan?" I muttered
His head slowly moved up. His eyes widened as he saw my face. He didn't say anything. His expression was blank. I walked up to him, so close that I could look directly down at him. I crouched down. He was looking down. "I've been looking for you." As I said that his eyes slowly met mine. "Why?" He said quietly, in a monotone voice. "I am worried about you. What I did, was unacceptable." I flustered. "I feel so much guilt. I don't want to lose you- or Jungwoo. I want to be with you." I caught myself. All he did was stare at me. "What I mean is, I am sorry. I hate seeing you sad, upset, or, or, disappointed." I slapped my head. "I was being so stupid, and I didn't stop worrying. All I want is for you to have happiness and I want to spend time with you. I don't know why, but it bothered me so much-" Haechan stopped me. He slowly stood up and offered his hand. I took it. Then he was leading somewhere. I didn't know where. He had a bag of snacks in his hand. We walked out of the store and walked down the street. His grip on my hand was tight, but his hand felt so soft. We suddenly arrived at a park, and he led me to a bench in the middle of the park. It was right by a balcony and fountain. We both sat on the bench. "So... why aren't you saying anything? Are you still upset...? What can I do to cheer you up?" I shrugged. He quickly handed me a bag of chips. "Eat this." He said. He glimpsed at me. "Thank you," I said. "No, thank you." He slowly made a small smile. "Why are you thanking me?" We were both eating snacks. "Thank you for being here. Always. It was bothering me that we had a disagreement. But, it wasn't a big deal. I do understand and forgive you. Seriously, we've been friends for so long, so I wouldn't let something like this bother me too much." Haechan chuckled nervously as he took a handful of pretzels and shoved them in his mouth. "Oh... was I overthinking it then? It was really bothering me.." I scratched my arm. "Well, I did want to spend time with you. But, yeah. You don't have to worry." He laid back. "I'm glad you're here with me now though." He made a sigh of relief. "Uh.. I'm glad." All I could do was smile. Even though I wasn't sure why he was eating ramen on the floor. I am glad that we were talking again. Then I said: "can we do this all the time?" My voice got crackly. I wasn't sure why my heart was beating, and wanting that smile to remain on his face. But, that's all that meant to me. "Uh." He looked at me. "Sure. Of course." He made a quick smile. I couldn't stop smiling. I felt so comfortable and his smile made me feel so happy. His happiness was my happiness to me. I'm not sure why, but it meant so much to me. This moment was irreplaceable.