Chapter Eighteen: Truly

A day had passed I kept thinking of what Haechan told me.

I realized what he meant to me. He was much more than a friend to me, but the moment I realized it, it was too late.

It was Monday. I found myself looking down while walking through the halls. "Haechan believes I'm dating WinWin... but how can I tell him the truth?" I now felt so awkward even if I wasn't even around Haechan. As I kept my head down I accidentally ran into someone. I looked up to see it's WinWin. "Sorry." I chuckled nervously. But I also realized... I'm awkward around WinWin too. WinWin scratched his head. "Let's walk to class together. People are starting to get on my nerves." WinWin shrugged with a glare on his face. I walked by his side and for some reason, he was really close to me. I slightly looked up to see his face close to me, so I immediately looked down. My heart was beating. I was in between him and the way. Then, as we passed many people o heard the words: "They're dating for real? I'm jealous!" "Oh my goodness they're so cute..." a whisper came. "I'm gonna kill that girl.." I heard one person say. I looked up to see a bunch of glares at me. WinWin was the most popular guy at school and their jealousy was expected. "But the thing is... we aren't actually dating!" I cried in my head. "WinWin.." I muttered. He peeped his head up and looked at me. "Could we not stand as close?.." I whispered to him. "People think we're dating.. And well.." as I was talking someone came up behind us and interrupted. "Hey!"
It was Jaemin. We both jumped back with a disgusted face. "What do you want?" I snapped at Jaemin. "Hey hey.. Don't get all snappy. I haven't even said anything geez..." Jaemin shrugged. "I just wanted to know if you both wanted to come to my house for dinner?"
"Why?" WinWin raised his eyebrow. "I thought we could be friends... ya'know?" Jaemin smiled. "Well.. you know what you did to me in the past right?" I started to get ticked. For some reason, I didn't trust him. Even if people deserve second chances. I didn't feel right around him. "Okay, sure." WinWin suddenly said. "But no tricks."
"Of course." Jaemin raised his arms in defense. "I'm different from high school. I'm a grown man now." He chuckled and walked off. "After school!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes, then gave WinWin a glare. "Why'd you tell him yes?" I pouted. "I want to see what his plan is." WinWin shoved his hands in his pockets. We both then went to class together. As I started to walk up the stairs to get to my desk I suddenly tripped over something and landed on the ground. I looked up to see a girl, smiling. "Oh sorry.. I didn't see you there." She laughed. "Are you okay?" I looked up to see Lucas offering me a hand. I took it. "Thanks." I brushed myself off. I noticed that WinWin was already sitting down. Looking at us. I smiled at Lucas, then I went to sit down next to WinWin. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah." I sighed and put my head on the desk. My head felt embarrassed and I wanted to clear things up quickly. "Is there a way we could get rid of these rumors?" I glanced over at him. "Well..yeah. Of course. But do you want Jaemin coming after you?.. I will clear it up, I promise. Just let's get the Jaemin thing out of the way first." WinWin seemed focused on the chalkboard. He didn't want to look at me for some reason. "Thanks.." I muttered. Then Jeno walked in and we focused on the class.

After class, I had separated from WinWin for a bit and went to my locker. As I approached it I saw many dents and marks on it. "What happened?" I went to open it and it was already unlocked. I saw a mess of silly string inside. With all my stuff covered in a sticky mess. "Who..?.." I felt a feeling of sadness. This feeling hasn't come over me for a while. The utter shock, and the tears coming in my eyes. Someone came up behind me. "Who did this?" They said in a ton voice. I turned around and saw WinWin. With a stern face. He gulped as he looked at my locker. "I don't know." I sighed and looked down. "This is why I have to clear things up.." a tear started to form in my eye. WinWin then put his arm around me. "Don't worry. I'll take care of it. I'm sorry it's my fault." I felt comfort in his words. My tears went away as I felt his warmth. "Thank you." I wiped my eyes and smiled at him. "I will take care of whoever did this to you." I spent the whole day feeling like people were staring at me. I felt uncomfortable and lonely. As I sat in class one thing came to my mind: Haechan's face. "I feel so much towards him.. but I don't want to tell him." I thought to myself as I was in a daze. Someone waved a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my daze and realized WinWin was smiling at me. "Sorry." I continued to listen to the class but my thoughts kept wandering to Haechan. My heart was beating. "I wonder if I can go see him at the cafe today... I want to try to tell him the truth without telling him my feelings for him." I thought. I kept thinking of scenarios in my head and I kept giggling at the thought. Then I heard "Hey! Y/N!" Jeno yelled. I snapped out of the trance again. "What are you giggling about? Is geometry funny now?" He smirked. "Sorry, sir.." I covered my head. "I have to stop thinking of Haechan or I'm gonna get in trouble.." I was embarrassed because I felt as if everyone was looking at me. I felt the whole school whispering at me. I wanted to leave. "Are you okay?" WinWin leaned in and whispered to me when Jeno wasn't paying attention. "Yeah." I nodded.