Chapter Sixteen: A New Beginning

After Spending the rest of the vacation at the beach, it was a good time we all had together. We all grew closer together and my feelings had deepened.

2 Weeks later

I was on my way back to college. School is going to start tomorrow, and I was dreading it. I had my suitcases in my hand as I arrived back on the school campus. I saw other people arriving on campus as well. I sighed as I made my way to the dorms. I rolled my suitcase and walked the pathway. Many people passed by me. I struggled to keep the things in my hands. As I was looking down at my feet to look where I was going, someone quickly ran past me, almost knocking me over. The suitcase dropped out of my hands. "Oof." I looked up to see the person turn away frantically. "Sorry." They bowed then helped me pick up my things. I fixed myself and grabbed ahold of my suitcase again. I looked up at him. He had honey-like skin, dark hair, and dark eyes. He made a nervous smile like he was in a rush. "Sorry again." He said as he ran off. "I wonder why he was in a rush." I brushed off and continued to head to the dormitory. As I made my way into the first floor, many people were gathered in a line. "What's going on?" I thought. I stepped behind the last person in line, then tapped their shoulder. "What's going on?" I asked them. They turned their head back at me. "Apparently everyone has roommates now and we are getting assigned to our rooms." By the person's statement, I was shocked. "Who am I going to be roomed with?" I had thought. I found out there are now separate dormitories for the girls and then the boys. That's why all the people in front of me were girls. "At least my roommate will be a girl this time." I laughed at myself. As the line moved up I prepared my student I.D. I got up to the desk and the girl rang me up. "Your roommate is already in." She nodded at me. She handed me a keycard, my student I.D back, and a paper. I nodded then made my way to the elevator. I looked down at my room number.

D o r m 134

I calculated to what floor I'd go too. "I'm on the floor...three." I clicked the button in the elevator. It started to go up. "I wonder who my roommate is?.." I wondered as I got off the elevator. I walked down the hallway and approached the room. As I opened the door I felt a nervous feeling. "I hope it's Yuna or Soojin.." I hoped. As I opened the door, I saw the last person I would've expected. Someone I didn't even know went to this school. The girl with purple hair, Hani. I gulped. "Is this the right room?" I double-checked the door numbers to make sure I was right. I was, that was the problem. I slowly made my way into the room. It was big and spacious. Hani was on the left side, at her desk, looking in the mirror. My part of the dorm was on the right. I placed my things down, then took a glance at Hani. "Why is she here? Of all people?" I shook my head. I turned around to start putting my things away. Then I noticed she got up and faced my way. "Hello. I'm Hani, your roommate." She bowed. "Nice to meet you." She had a smile on her face, so I smiled back. "I don't like her for some reason. But, I don't know why? She hasn't even done anything wrong." I thought to myself. "I'm Y/N." I smiled back. "It's so weird they have roommate dorms this year." I scratched my head as I zipped my backpack. "Oh.. I didn't know that. I just got here as a transfer student." Hani combed her long hair with her fingers and turned back around to go to her side of the room. "I hope we can be friends." She added. I didn't say anything besides: "Yeah." With a nervous smile. I was too nervous, I didn't know why I felt discontent around her. "How about I give her a chance?" I fought with myself. "I'll see you tomorrow then." I waved goodbye and walked out of the dorm. "Tomorrow? I'm coming back to sleep tonight.. what am I saying?" I sighed to myself. I made my way out of the dormitory. I looked at my watch and thought: "I can head to get my textbooks now." So I decided to head towards the library. I walked in and made my way to the second floor. For some reason, this school year felt different than last. As I started to get books off the shelf I had the thought: "I wonder if WinWin and I will be in the same class again? Did he even come back yet?" I got many books and headed to a table to look through them. "These are only my basics. I'll get my official books when I got to classes tomorrow." I said out loud as I opened the book. When I looked down, I noticed my necklace hanging, and it reminded me of Haechan's face. "It's only been a bit of time and I already miss him." I thought with a slight blush, then I shook my head to snap myself back into it. I looked down to finish reading. Then I got a text. I looked at my phone. It was Haechan. I didn't even look at it. I put my phone down. My heart started beating. I then slowly looked at my phone again, seeing his text.
"My mom is mad at me :( please help."
Is all he said.
"What happened?" I replied I am confused. "Apparently she didn't want me to go on the trip? We had a big fight and now she doesn't want to see me I don't think... so please spare me your time." Haechan texted. I could tell he was upset. I didn't know what to think but Haechan doesn't usually argue with anyone. He usually gets along with everyone, why is this different. "Sure. Let's meet up at the Café." I replied. I didn't know what we were going to do but I wanted to help him as soon as possible. "I hope this resolves soon." I thought as I bought the books, and packed them in my bag. I headed to the Café. As I arrived I noticed Haechan in the window. He was standing up, shuffling around nervously. I walked in and his face lit up as he saw me. I was worried so I quickly ran up to him and grabbed his arm. "Is everything okay? You look nervous?" I tried to look at Haechan but he wouldn't look at me. He kept avoiding eye contact. I kept trying to get closer to his face, but he kept pulling back. "Was the fight that bad?" I looked down with a sigh. "You two never fight.. so I'm worried," I said in concern. Haechan started chuckling. "Well.. she didn't like the idea of me going but.. we didn't actually fight.. I just wanted an excuse to see you." Haechan had a nervous smile then I backed up from him. "How can you trick me?!" I playfully hit his arm. He started laughing. "I was seriously concerned about you!! It's not funny." I turned from him and crossed my arms. I pouted to myself: "and I was so concerned... why did he even want to see me?" I thought. He popped his head behind my shoulder. "Don't be mad. Since you're starting school.. I know I won't be able to see you much." Haechan said in a cute voice. "Yeah... but I am busy y'know.. you should be thankful I'm willing to drop anything for you." I walked over to a table and crossed my arms. "Ooh, I feel so thankful." Haechan teased with a smile on his face. He sat across from me. A question popped up in my head. "When are you going back to school? Isn't summer break over?" I raised my eyebrow at him. "Oh.. oh." Haechan gasped while frantically looking around. "I'm taking a leap of absence this semester." He chuckled nervously. I was shocked by what he said. "Won't that affect your grades? Don't you want to be a singer and dancer? Why do you want to stay here in the first place?" I scratched my head in stress while looking down. "Haha.." Haechan avoided. "My roommate and my teacher said it won't count... and well I just want to take a break.. y'know.." he scratched his head. I had a feeling he was coming up with excuses. "I want you to follow your dream. Isn't that important?! Just please go back soon... okay?" I pouted. "I'm still following my dream..don't worry about that. I will go back. I promise." As Haechan said, I glanced up at him looking down with a small smile. "I hope he keeps that promise." I thought.