Chapter Eight: Fireworks

I looked back and I saw Haechan's face in fear. I let go of WinWin's arms.

The others were laughing, but what I was feeling felt like silence in the wind. My heart had felt a skip. I looked back and forth at WinWin and Haechan. Who were both staring at me with deep feeling. I wasn't sure what this was, but I felt it.

We were broke of the trance while Taeyong suggested. "How about we play some games together?" Taeyong suggested to them. "Totally!!" Yuna shouted with a smile on her face. Now the group was even bigger. I smiled at them. I leaned over to Haechan. "What do you want to do first?" I whispered with a smile. He got flustered. "Uh... how about we all get some food?" Haechan spoke loud so everyone could hear. His mood changed. He seemed to be in a better mood now since his smile was bright. I looked up to him, then I looked at WinWin. "Is that okay with you?" I asked. "Yeah." WinWin nodded quickly. I stood by WinWin as we headed to a food truck, Haechan was in front of me, but he was talking to Jungwoo so I didn't want to bother him. So, I looked over at WinWin. "What is your favorite thing to eat?" When I asked that WinWin had seemed to snap out of thought. "Uh, I'll eat anything." WinWin made a quick smile. WinWin seemed a bit lost in thought. I wasn't sure why. I was skipping with a smile. "Want some burgers? These food trucks have good food actually." I walked backward with a smile, facing towards WinWin. He scratched his head. "Yeah." He chuckled nervously. They stopped in front of me suddenly, but I was still walking backward. I bumped into Haechan and stepped on the back of his foot. I turned around, and so did he. "Sorry." I bowed. I kept chuckling to myself: "why do I always do this? Why am I so clumsy today?" I thought as I scratched my head. "It's okay!" Haechan popped up. He wore a heart smile on his face. Which made me instantly happy. We lined up in front of a food truck, there were people in front of us and soon behind us too. I got out my wallet from my purse. WinWin was being silent. "You want some?" I shrugged toward him. He nodded. "Why are you so silent today?" I said in concern. WinWin wasn't acting himself. "I don't know. Just different I guess." He scratched his head as Haechan turned over to me. "I'll buy yours, okay?" Haechan smiled while forming an 'ok' with his hand. "Nono. I'm buying WinWin's too.. so I don't want you to pay for it!" I insisted. Haechan looked at WinWin, and WinWin glanced up at him. "Okay. Let me buy for both of you then!" Haechan turned back around and bought the food. I heard a call from behind me, I looked back to see Yuna and Yuta waving. "We are going to a different food truck, we are separating for now." Yuna smiled and left us. I turned back around and Haechan handed WinWin and me a large burger, with his own in his hand. "Les go sit down." Haechan marched. We marched to a small table at the side of the food truck where Taeyong and Jungwoo were already eating their cheese fries and corn dogs. "Yo!" Taeyong waved. We sat down and started eating. "Y'know." Taeyong started talking with his mouth full of fries. "You guys are so weird." He gestured to me, WinWin, and Haechan. I took a bite of my food. "What do you mean?" I was sitting in between WinWin and Haechan. Both of them leaning on the table. "Haha. I think she's the only one who can't see it." Taeyong said to Jungwoo as he playfully slapped Haechan's shoulder. Haechan coughed to clear the air. "Anyway, how's school going?" JungWoo changed the subject. "Um good! Soon this semester will be at the end and I can finally be on break!" I raised my hands with a smile. "That's great." Jungwoo took a bite of his food. "You and WinWin go to the same school, right?" Taeyong asked. "Yeah." I glimpsed over at WinWin and he seemed to have a shy look on his face. "He is one of the top students!" I added WinWins face lit up. "Uh.. it's nothing really. I study hard just like everybody else." WinWin chuckled nervously. But he straightened himself out. He started to look like himself again, to be the laidback, funny, cool, kind guy again. I smiled at that thought. "You're one of the rich guys right?" Taeyong crossed his arms. By that question, WinWin just chuckled. "Hey, don't ask questions like that!" I leaned over across WinWin to slap Taeyong's arm. WinWin had a stare on his face, he was looking at me. His heart was beating. I straightened myself out. Haechan was just silent and laughing the whole time as he ate his food. "What about you Haechan? How's your school going?" Jungwoo asked. The question got Haechan's attention. He had a nervous smile. "Uh... well. It's good I guess." He shrugged. "Like you've been on break this long?! Did you get in trouble or something?!" Jungwoo gasped. "Nooooo." Haechan wined. "I'm just spending a lot of time with my family.. that's all." While he said that he took a quick glance at me looking at him. "Yeahhhhh it sure looks like you're spending time with family." Jungwoo teased. Haechan hit his arm. "Shut up." We all stood up and threw our things away, and started to walk around more. We were all walking down the street, people passing by us. I stood close to Haechan and WinWin. We looked at both sides of the street. "How about we play some games?" Haechan sounded excited. We all walked up to a balloon game and he started to throw darts at the balloons. He actually won. "Wow bro, you actually won." Jungwoo and Haechan did a handshake and Haechan was handed a kitty plushie as the prize. As he turned around he looked at me. All I could do is smile. He handed it to me with a big heart smile. "For me?" I pointed to myself. "For you!" Haechan said in a cute voice. I chuckled. "He's showing his cute side today." I giggled to myself. I handed my purse to Taeyong, then I cuddled the plushie in my arms. Taeyong and Jungwoo just giggled as Jungwoo tried to win the game, but failed.