Chapter Twenty One: Gone Deep

Y/N POV

I was sitting in the library, with my face in a textbook. "I have to prepare for the test. I can't think of him right now." I shook my head. I kept thinking about the moment with Haechan I had:

Flashback

Standing in the elevator, alone with Haechan. Made my heart race miles a minute. I sat on the floor and curdled my legs. I sighed. I glanced at Haechan as he sat next to me with a slight smile. He was so close to me, all I could do is stare at his hands. I gulped suddenly. "What's wrong?" As he said that, I looked up at him with a nervous smile. "I'm just hungry." I rubbed my stomach. "Of course, of course." Haechan laughed as he got out of his bag and was going through it. Suddenly he put a bag of chips, and cookies on my lap. "I always have extra snacks in my bag." Haechan winked. "I mean. We've always collected snacks but I guess I'm the only one that continued to do so. Like, sometimes I need it at work...so." He shrugged and looked at the ceiling. My face grew light as I couldn't stop smiling. I opened the snacks and started eating them. "This is a good dinner, huh?" I laughed. Haechan stole a cookie, then nibbled at it. "How about I treat you after we get out of here?" Haechan looked down at his hands. "What about the formal?.." I gulped, the nervous feeling in my chest wouldn't go away. "Well, I'm not sure we'll be there in time." Haechan scratched his head. Suddenly, I got a text from WinWin. I replied back to him. "Who was that?"
"WinWin. He was worried I guess." I shrugged. "I really wanted to see him and the others too.." I said in disappointment. "I'm sorry." Haechan shrugged. "I'll make sure we get there and I also! Treat! You! To! A meal!" Haechan smiled brightly while lightly clapping his hands. He seemed excited. I smiled at the thought. "Sure."

That night was great for me. But. When I got to the formal. WinWin was gone, he got called away. Even though I spent an amazing time with Haechan. I was still worried about WinWin.

I sat down, rolling my pencil in my hand. With a sigh. I couldn't stop thinking about Haechan's face. But, I still had to worry about WinWin. "I hope he's okay." I thought. Suddenly I heard someone walking up to me. I looked up to see WinWin, walking up to me with a bag in his hand. I was surprised to see him. "Oh.. hi!!" A smile grew on my face. "I was worried about you, and you just showed up.. haha.." I scratched my head. "Yeah. Sorry about that." He shrugged back. "How did you know I was here?" I gasped. "Haechan. I went to the cafe and saw him so.." WinWin looked fancy in a suit. "Why are you so dressed up?" I raised my eyebrow. "I'm supposed to be at work.. but," he shrugged. "Work? What has happened over the course of a few days?" I scratched my head in confusion. "I'll wait until you're done studying.. I wanted to tell you a lot that's going on." WinWin shrugged and ate his food. "I haven't told you enough. And I'm afraid I'm dishonest of a friend.. also, I don't have to tell you if you don't want but-" I stopped WinWin. He seemed like he really wanted to talk to me about something. "You can tell me! I don't have to study right now." I shuffled with my books and closed them. "The test isn't for a bit anyway." I laughed and looked at him. He couldn't look me straight in the eye. "I don't want to be a hindrance though." When WinWin said that he started to get a call. "Sorry." He whispered to me as he took the call. "Hello?"
I didn't hear what the other person was saying. "I'll be right there." He said as he hung up the phone. "I will have to tell you later." He jumped up and waved to me. He seemed disappointed and I wasn't sure what was wrong. I wanted to help him. "I wonder if it's about his family?" I thought. I sat there disappointed because I didn't know what to do, or what to say to him. "I feel close to him, but why do I feel so far away?" I sighed as I looked out the window.

WINWIN POV.

I shuffled my way back to the office building. My brother standing in the office room. "Why are you off dilly-dallying when you're supposed to be at work?" Jaehyun laughed. "Yeah. And you never want to take a break once and a while, huh?" I chuckled as I looked down. He faced me. "I'm responsible. Unlike you. Don't disappoint father like mother did to us." As Jaehyun said that I felt my heart start to sink. What I wanted to do to him, I couldn't control my emotions. I grabbed him by the collar. "Don't bring up mom." Jaehyun pushed me back against my chest. "I don't even consider her MY mother. But. She's definitely yours." Jaehyun laughed. He always looked down upon me. Because I was different from him, I wasn't a people pleaser. I had dreams, I had feelings that were looked down upon. But, they were ideas of a simple life. I swung my arm at him for all the rage I was holding it. But, he dodged it and hit me back. I felt a pain in my face as my nose and lip started to bleed. "Now. I have to discipline you because our father is to hurt to do so. You better corporate for father's sake." Jaehyun shoved his hands in his pockets as nothing happened. He still stood up so tall, as I looked upon him. "I don't want to be afraid anymore. I don't want to cope anymore. I want to be in the free reign of my choices." I got up and swung another punch at him, but he ended up punching me multiple times and kneeing me in the stomach. "If this is how you're going to act. Then. You'll get punished. You never learn." Jaehyun stood up with pride and walked out of the room with a smirk on his face. I was on the floor, I coughed. Because of the pain. But. I stood up and brushed myself off. "I can't even fight against him. What a way to tick me off." I scuffed. I walked out of the office and took the rest of the day off. It was already so dark, and I was too out of it to even focus. I walked down the street, grabbing ahold of my stomach. "He didn't even hurt me that bad, why does it hurt so much?" I rolled my head back. I was all alone. Even if I thought I wasn't. At this moment, I felt alone. No one to turn to. But. I didn't say or want to feel anything. "Stop throwing a pity party for yourself." I laughed at myself.