Chapter Twenty Three: The Double Birthday

It was already close to the end of the year, already. It still felt like summer to me. I shuffled my feet while sitting in my bed while reading my textbook. I yawned to myself. I looked outside the window to see the sun was going down. "This is how I spend my Saturday evening...huh?" I yawned to myself. I looked across at the other side of the dorm room. I realized something. "I haven't seen Hani since that night...has she switched rooms or something?"I squinted and still remembered her face when she saw Haechan and me. "The thing is.." I slammed my book on my bed. "Haechan and I weren't alone, and we are nothing more than friends.. so why is she so mad?" I laid my head back with a whine. As I sat there in silence for a while. I decided to put my earbuds in and listen to my favorite singer; Xiaojun. I loved his voice so much that it distracted me from all my stress and made a smile grow on my face as I heard his soothing, low, calming voice. I picked up my book and started reading and writing down notes for the test again. I smiled at the sound of my music. I loved listening to Xiaojun as I studied because it helped me focus and not worry about anything else. I put my hair behind my ear and smiled as I continued studying. I looked outside to see it was dark. I sighed then my stomach started to grumble. "I'm hungry," I said out loud. I decided to get up and head out. I walked down the street looking for a place I wanted to eat because I didn't feel like cooking something in the dorm. As I was walking down the street I saw a sign that said: "Design your new home with this move-in team.." I scratched my head but a thought came to my head: "What if I got my own place outside of the dorm...?" I suddenly smiled at the thought. I walked into a small fast food place. I heard someone come in behind me. "I will take one chicken sandwich, please." I smiled at the cashier. They took my order. I scoot over so the person behind me could order. I realized the person behind me was some blue-haired fellow I recognized.."Taeyong?" I raised my eyebrow. He suddenly glared at me. "Oh wow, long time no see." Taeyong scuffed with a slight smile while looking back at the cashier. We both got our food. "Why are you here?" "Well, I was hungry. Duh." I rolled my eyes at him. I sat down at a table, then he sat across from me. "I guess I'll eat with you then." He nodded then took a bite of his food. I drank my drink. "So..do you hate me now or what?" I chuckled while taking a bite. "This is so good." I said with my mouth full. "pfft. OF course not. bro. Who do you take me as? a punk?" Taeyong shrugged with a smile. "Okay good, your texts got me concerned for a bit.." I scratched my head nervously. "How long have we been friends for? exactly. I am not a jerk. Plus, Hani rejected me already." Taeyong took a large bite of his food. "Oh?" I raised my eyebrow. "That girl is confusing..." I muttered while looking down. "What do you mean?" Taeyong took a sip of his drink. "I mean, she told me she was over Haechan but she threatens me?.. I don't get it." I shrugged.

"Well, you see." Taeyong shrugged. "I mean, for her friend to be hanging around her crush, she could just be jealous. I mean, when I see her hanging around Haechan.. y'know the feeling? Even after she rejected me, I'd still get jealous." Taeyong played around with his straw. By his words, I started to think. "Did I just hurt her?.." I rolled my eyes because I didn't feel like dealing with it. "I know this is selfish but I just don't want to deal with her." I slammed my head on the table. "I gotcha. But," as Taeyong was talking someone walked up to us. "you..you like to leach off of guys don't you?!" I looked up to see Hani with a done look on her face. "First WinWin, Lucas, Haechan, and now even Taeyong?! Pffft. Pathetic." She put her hands on her waist. "No..that's not what it is." I looked at Taeyong. "I just have a lot of guy friends.. that's all." I glared up at her. I couldn't help but feel a little frustrated because she was my friend but then she would just assume these things about me. "This doesn't make sense, didn't I tell you that I only saw WinWin as a friend and that there was one guy that I liked?" "You lied. You just wanted to get rid of the thing people were saying about you so you could feel better about yourself, so you would do anything to accomplish what you want. Affection." Hani leaned in towards me with such a disgusted look on her face. She spat and I felt it hit my face. She stood up straight then looked at the table. She suddenly grabbed the cub filled with iced tea then dumped it all over my head. "Why would I even consider you my friend?" I struggled to open my eyes. I was sitting there in shock. Taeyong stood up. "Don't you think that's too much?" "Who's side are you on?!" Hani yelled at him. I closed my eyes. Someone walked in and was surprised by the situation they walked up to us and pulled the glass out of Hani's hand. "What just happened?" I recognized the voice and my heart started to flutter. They approached me, I could feel their presence in front of me. They handed me a towel. I wiped my eyes. I opened my eyes to see Haechan, looking at me with a concerned voice. "Are you okay?" He leaned down. My heart started to beat for he was close to me. I nodded yes slowly. I looked down because I couldn't say anything. "H-Haechan," Hani muttered. She seemed embarrassed. "This is not what it looks like at all. I was helping her.." Hani tried to put on a pretty face. I just grunted because I didn't feel like dealing with her. She suddenly left. Taeyong looked at me. "Are you okay?" "I am fine." I smiled slightly at him. He got his stuff quickly and went after Hani. "What exactly happened?" Haechan helped me stand up. "Never mind, don't tell me. I don't want to bring it up again. But, if she bothers you again just tell me and I will come, okay?" Haechan looked over at me. "Okay." I wiped my head. My hair was now wet and sticky. "I guess I should shower now, huh?" I started to laugh. I started to try to comb my hair with my fingers. "I think you look great, so don't worry." As he said that I felt my heart start to thump. I gulped. "Since you lost your drink could I treat you to some ice cream?" Haechan seemed a bit excited. "Sure." My mood got lifted. We walked out of the restaurant and started walking beside each other down the street. "There's a good ice cream stall open, I was hoping to find you so I could take you." Haechan stuck his hands in his pockets. I smiled lightly while taking a glance up at him. I started to smile and skip ahead. "I love ice cream and you know that." I hummed. I was happy because of him. "Can you get my favorite flavor?" I giggled. "Of course. Anything you'd like." He watched me as I spun in circles. I was so happy I felt like a child. "Why does he make me feel this way?'