Chapter Fourteen: In Between

The excitement in my heart was rising.

Everyone was here. Everyone except WinWin. Haechan sat down next to me and held his hands together. Yuna looked at her phone, then leaned to the side. "Why isn't WinWin here yet?"
I stayed silent as I heard the others talk. I was worrying why WinWin wasn't here yet. "Why do I worry so much?" I sighed to myself. "Everything alright?" Haechan scratched his head and took a glance at me. "Let's get to signing in so we can get that done." Yuna said. She led the big group to the signup center. I traveled behind. I skipped slowly. I tried to make myself feel smaller. I noticed Haechan was following behind me. I continued to look down. Haechan nudged my shoulder. I looked at him frantically. "Yeah yeah." I chuckled nervously. We stood in line for the signup, I seemed separated from the group. Everyone was talking and laughing and all I did was smile. Then I noticed Mark come up behind us. "Okay. So.. I'm thinking of the seat arrangements, we can get Taeil and ChungHa..." Mark whispered to me with a smirk. "Yes yes." I looked at him and up at Taeil and ChungHa. I chuckled. Haechan got in on it too. "Can I help?" Haechan said with a small smile while scratching his neck. "Sure bro. We just have to make sure they sit together and watch a romantic movie or somethin'" Mark playfully slapped Haechan's shoulder. We all nodded. "They would be so cute together." I giggled as the line moved up "yeah. I feel like our group is full of love and crushes if that makes sense?" Mark clapped excitedly and wiggled his way in front of us. "Right. I mean, you and Soojin, right?" I got his attention again. "Shhh!" Mark quickly whispered. "Well, it's obvious you both like each other." I whispered. He turned his head to look back at me then he noticed something behind me, and his face lit up. I immediately looked back to see WinWin, struggling to carry his bags. Mark and I both ran up to him and helped him. "I was afraid you weren't gonna come, man." Mark took one of the bags. "Me too." I mumbled. "Sorry, I'm late. Something happened before I came that delayed me." WinWin said with a nervous smile. That made me worry a bit. "Are you alright?" I offered to take a bag. "Yeah." He nodded quickly and we all caught up in the line. I saw Haechan signing up while talking to Jungwoo. I made sure I had all the snack bags in my hands. I stood behind Haechan, and I saw Jungwoo make a quick glance at me with a smirk. "What's he thinking?" I thought with a smile. Mark got my attention again. "I just told WinWin about our plans." He winked. I was confused for a second until I realized what he meant. "Ohh! Yeah. Hopefully, they're assigned together because I found out different people are assigned to different seats.." I scratched my head. Mark looked surprised. "No way!...ah." He sounded disappointed. "It's all up to chance now." We all shrugged. We all signed in and then made our way to the plane line until the flight was ready. Everyone was there. "They will give us our number once we get up there." Yuna said loudly. I looked back at WinWin and Mark, we all smiled. We made our way, and put our suitcases on a conveyor belt and the workers packed them up on the plane. I still held my bag of snacks and my main purse. We waited a bit in a room. "This should be a good time." I thought. I went to everyone handing them a tiny bag of snacks. "Thank you!" Yuna smiled as I gave her hers. "You even got some for me?" Taeyong teased. I rolled my eyes and shoved it in his arms. Everyone seemed happy to receive them. "Make sure not to eat too much." WinWin said to me. I didn't expect it. "Why not?" I teased. "Well, you'll be too full for lunch then." WinWin shoved his hands in his pockets. Mark smiled as he received his. "Bro. I don't deserve this." Mark shrugged. Haechan smiled. "Thanks." "I mean you bought them." I teased Haechan. "Right." Haechan made a big smile, which warmed my heart. After so long of waiting we finally got our seat numbers. "I'm seventy-two!" Yuna shouted. "I got seventy-three!" Yuta gasped with a big smile. I looked at my number. It was eighty-five. I looked around to see who had the number before me. I heard Mark say "Yes!" When he found out he and Soojin were seated together. "Why is this happening so luckily?" I chuckled to myself. A feeling deep down was hoping I would be paired with Haechan. I saw Haechan and Jungwoo smiling at each other. "Les get it." Jungwoo looked excited. By instinct, I walked up to them. "What number did you get?" I asked. "Oh. Jungwoo and I got next to each other." Haechan chuckled nervously as Jungwoo wrapped his arm around his shoulder. Haechan looked uncomfortable but he just laughed nervously. "Oh." I realized. "Who did I get then?" I looked around. "Who did you get?" I saw ChungHa pass me. "I got with Taeil.. for some reason we're always paired together." ChungHa scratched her head. "Oh..." I felt a grin come to my face. Then I realized: "only two people are left." I looked back at WinWin. "I guess we got the seats together." He smiled and looked down. I blushed then looked at his ticket. "Bro!" Taeyong yelled. "I'm alone never to a stranger, that's not fair." Taeyong whined. I smiled. The people started to board the plane finally. I walked together with WinWin. Haechan kept looking back at us, and I tried not to notice. "Thank you for the snacks." WinWin said. "You're welcome.. but you said that earlier." I chuckled. He noticed and blushed while scratching his head. We all walked on the plane and sat in our assigned seats. I sat by the window I shuffled my stuff behind me and by my feet. WinWin day next to me and did the same. Haechan and Jungwoo sat in front of us. I felt a nervous feeling for some reason. My eyes followed Haechan for some reason. When he went to sit down he looked back at me and I immediately looked down and cough. Haechan's expression seemed nervous, yet upset. But when I looked back up at him, he was smiling with Jungwoo, which made me happy. "I wish I was never to him." I thought to myself then shook my head. "That was weird." I snapped out of my fantasy and looked over at WinWin. "Are you ready?" I nudged his shoulder. "Yeah." He quickly nodded. "I've been on many planes because of business trips and family trips and stuff.." WinWin shrugged. His hair was combed to the side so it revealed his forehead. My heart about skipped. So I looked away. "Oh, I meant for the beach. But, I see what you mean." I chuckled. "Ohhhh." WinWin seemed embarrassed when he realized. "Yeah. I haven't actually been on a vacation for a while." WinWin had a small smile as he looked down at his feet. I Playfully nudged his shoulder. "I'm glad you're coming now. Let's not worry about work, school, family, weight, nothing! Let's just enjoy our time!" I assured him. I was so loud apparently, and Haechan and Jungwoo looked back at me. "Sorry." I mouthed to them. "Thank you.." WinWin said quietly as the director of the plane started speaking.