𝙴 𝚙 𝚒 𝚕 𝚘 𝚐 𝚞 𝚎

Months had passed by,
We slowly saved up, 
We had one goal in mind: spending our future together.
I was so close to getting the money goal I had to go abroad,

I was at the new, large store. I looked around at the large shelves. I stood up on my tippy-toes and put a box on the top shelf. I could barely reach that I felt the tip of my toes cramping up.
"Aish." I muttered to myself. I placed my feet back on the ground. "How can I stock up when I am so short? I told Sir Jisung that I cannot do this job for this reason.." I shrugged. I heard someone pop up behind me. "You're talking to yourself again?"
I turned around and saw Taeyong giving a smirk.
"Yeah?" I glared. Taeyong started to laugh. "Let me take over for you,"
"But, I need the hours. I am almost at the money goal." I tried to reach up again.
"Someone is here to see you." Taeyong suddenly took the box from my hand. "Plus, I can do this job way better~" 
I saw the grin on his face. "Who's here to see me?" I looked around.
"Who else?" Taeyong laughed. I turned around and started to head towards the entrance to the store. 
I saw Haechan, with his hands in his pockets, looking around.
He spotted me. I ran up to him with a smile. "What's up? You don't usually pick me up this early." I couldn't keep the smile off my face. He seemed like he wanted to tell me something. Haechan's eyes went big as he tried to look in my eyes. 
"What is it? Is there something you want to tell me?" I made a small laugh.
"Yeah yeah." He could barely stay still. 
"I hit the goal!" His cheeks lit up.
I was shocked by what he said. "I thought we still had a few months to go..? how did you do it?" Haechan placed his hand on my shoulder. My heart was beating so fast and I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. 
"Well...I randomly got a check delivered to me at my house..it didn't say who it was from though.." Haechan looked away while scratching his head. 
"Who would do that...? to pay enough to hit our finished goal..?" I started to think of who it could've been.
"I am not sure. But, they said they wanted us to be able to pay and apply before the summer is over."
"Oh my.." I was so in shock, my heart started to pump faster and faster starting to think of finally going abroad with Haechan together.
I let out a relieved laugh. I couldn't bring myself to focus on anything, I could barely believe it.
"Mark said it wasn't him. It was either of our families even though my mom wanted to help out...could it have been him?" Haechan raised his eyebrow.
"But..I told him not to...seriously if he did it I am going to kill him." I took a deep breath. 
"You want to go see him?" Haechan shrugged out the door. I grabbed onto his hand with a smile. "Yeah!..I swear if he really did it.."
"I am thankful." Haechan released a big breath. 
I looked up to see him with a calm face. "Me too," I replied. 
"Now we can go together."

We quickly got on a bus. "Are you sure you want to go all the way to his house?" I looked up at Haechan while sitting close to him.
"Yeah, I mean, if he really did it, we have to thank him."
"Can't we just call him?"
"It'll be more fun this way so we can beat him up in person." Haechan made a glare.
"I haven't seen him in months...I really miss him." I looked out the window with a big sigh.
"I know. He is one of our best friends." Haechan slowly wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I felt his touch on me and made my heart start to rummage around in my chest. I felt so safe with him. I gently laid my head on his chest.
Haechan let out a slight cough. I quickly looked up at him. "Are you okay?" I said, panicked.
"Yeah, but my heart still jumps a mile when you get close to me." Haechan coughed again, looked away. I could see his cheeks were a bit pink.
"Oh.." I looked back down with a shy smile.
"Me too." I laughed softly and laid my head back.

Some more time had passed. 
"While we are passing, want to go see your brother?"
"I would like to." It still made me worried that Renjun was still not awake. I had a sinking feeling in my chest because it had been months, and still no sign. I looked down, playing with my hands. "Don't worry, love. We got this." Haechan rubbed my shoulder with a smile. I looked up at him with a slight nod. 
He always reassured me. He was my comfort. I felt so warm.
As Haechan and I got out of the bus in the city, both our phones started to ring loudly. We both got our phones out of our pockets.
We both looked at each other.
 "It's my-" 
"It's your-" We both said at the same time.
We quickly picked up the phones. I gulped. 
"Hello?.."
I heard a whimper from my mom. 
"He's...Renjun..." I could barely hear my mom talk. I could barely move. My body was so scared. 
"He's awake."
As those words came out. I felt a lift in my heart. My phone started to fall out of my hand.
"Y/N..." Haechan quickly looked at me. We both made a nod at each other and started running.
"He..finally woke up...and when we were going to visit him too...how? this.."
I gulped as we ran.
"How could all these good things happen... in one day..something must be off here," I muttered.
"Good things happen." Haechan looked over at me with a relieved face. 
"But, I just can't believe it." I looked down with a small smile.
We made our way to the door to his room. I stopped my hand before I knocked on the door. I looked back at Haechan.
"But...what if something suddenly happens...? like what if this is just seemingly good, and something bad happens.." My hand hesitated. I looked down. I felt a sudden grip on my hand. I looked up to see Haechan stood right behind me. His face was close to me.
"Don't be afraid. Good things happen. We shouldn't hesitate to believe that." His sudden low voice made my chest feel heavy.
"But, if I expect too much... I will be disappointed.." 
Haechan's grip got tighter. "Yeah, but, we shouldn't doubt when good things happen. Things will always be up and down. But, we can look forward to the good. It's not wrong to believe in that." I looked back up at Haechan, staring in his deep eyes. His stare told me he was serious, and that I should believe him. I made a small nod.
"Thank you." He slowly released his hand and made a quick smile. "Now, let's go in." He tried to cheer up the air. I made a small nod with a smile.
I want to think more positively. I want to hope for things in the future. 
I knocked softly on the door. It quickly opened. As I walked in I saw Renjun sitting up, with messy hair, and a huge smile on his face.
That moment I was so happy to see. My hope was restored after months of restless worry.

The relief on me made me feel like a new person.
Hours had passed and we went to see the person we were originally going to see.
We stood in front of a country house, surrounded by farmland. I could smell the crops and cows in the air. I looked down with a smile, my heart was filled.
Haechan walked up to the door and knocked.
"But..what if we are wrong?" I chuckled at Haechan.
"I am sure we aren't...right?" Haechan's eyes widened in realization.
The door suddenly opened. WinWin stood there in flannel, in jeans, and combed back hair.
"H-Haechan? Y-Y/N?" He stuttered as he saw us. He quickly looked down, scratching his head. 
"Did you send it?" Haechan glared at him.
"Come on in." WinWin offered as he quickly paced back in the house. We headed in behind him.
"He seems more himself and happy now.."  I thought as I looked around the house. I wanted to see his mom but I didn't see her anywhere. 
"Did you send it?"
WinWin shrugged. "You came all this way to ask?"
"Yeah." Haechan shrugged. 
"So, did you send it?" I glared over at WinWin.
"You told me that you were almost at your goal...so, I just boosted it a little, okay? I wanted you guys to be able to get in this year." WinWin laughed.
"You darn punk!" Haechan shook his shoulders. 
WinWin laughed shyly. Then we all took a deep breath. "Thank you, WinWin." I smiled gently. 
"How did you know it was me though?" WinWin raised his eyebrow.
"Who else has a lot of money and is that generous?" Haechan laughed. "Plus, you were one of few we told that we are going abroad soo..."
"We just know you so well~" I teased. 
We all laughed. 
"You didn't have to come all this way to tell me that though.. all that trouble." WinWin scratched his head.
"Let us treat you to dinner, then." Haechan quickly patted his arm. 
"But," WinWin seemed too embarrassed, he made a quick shrug.
We all spent the rest of the night together. To have people that close to me, made me have hope. Even when things seemed to be going wrong, there is always a positive person in my life. 

More months had passed, we laughed with friends, we spent holidays together, we cried, we fought, we made up, we spent nights and days together.
It was night.
We sat there together on the bench. Haechan's arm was wrapped around me.
We both looked up at the sky.
"Tomorrow we will be up there."
Haechan pointed.
"The sky?.." I muttered. "Are we going to heaven?" I gasped.
Haechan suddenly glared at me.
"No, plane, silly." Haechan giggled at me. 
"Oh." I felt embarrassed.
"We will be going following our dreams. Like what we wanted to do since we were kids."
"Yeah. A dream we had when we were kids....so..like a childhood dream?" I looked over at him.
His face was calm. 
"Yeah..." Haechan made an embarrassed chuckle, he looked down suddenly. His smile was so big. 
"What? What did you just think of?" I held onto his hand.
Then I felt a drip. Then one after another.
We both looked up. "Looks like it's starting to rain," Haechan said that it started to rain more and more. We soon got completely soaked. We both quickly stood up, with our hands locked. "Want to run around?" Haechan looked at me with a big smile.
"We are already wet..so why not?" I laughed. We both kicked off our shoes and started running up and down the street. Our hands locked. We laughed. 
I looked over at him to see him shining brighter than I have ever seen.
It made my heart deepen and release a smile.
The hope, joy, and love in me grew.
There we were, running barefoot together like the children we are.
I looked forward to the future we spent together. 
I might not know what the future holds, but I know we will spend it together.
We both laughed.
"You are my childhood dream," Haechan yelled at the top of his lungs as the rain surrounded us. 

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

fin