Chapter Seventeen: Running in Fear

I ran after Haechan.

He was storming off. He seemed in a cold mood. "Haechan! Haechan!" I continued to yell. I saw that everyone was looking at us. I ran up to him and grabbed ahold of his arm. "What's up with you?" I asked. I was confused because he never acts this way. He pulled his arm away from me. "Are you okay?" I kept asking. But he didn't answer. "I'll see you later." Haechan looked down and walked off. "Hyuck!" As I called out his name he stopped in his tracks. "Don't worry about me. I can't be here right now." Haechan seemed sad. He walked off. I just stood there, my heart pounding. "What did Jaemin say that triggered Haechan so much?" I sighed to myself. Someone came up behind me. It was WinWin "let it go. He needs to think. That's all" WinWin shrugged. I looked back at him. "Did I do something wrong?"
"No," WinWin said. "It's not you. He's not mad at you."
"Are you sure...?" I thought. The feeling in my chest was heavy.  "Haechan doesn't usually act this way." I turned around. "It's because he's trying to figure things out. He's just stressed." WinWin continued to try to reassure me, but I was still worried. "Stressed about what?.." I muttered to myself. Then I saw Jaemin approaching. "He's changed, huh?" Jaemin shrugged. "I thought you two would end up together in the end but it seemed I was wrong.. you and this guy." Jaemin scuffed against WinWin's shoulder and walk away. "Wait.." I said to WinWin. "Did Jaemin say something to Haechan I didn't hear?"
"I can't tell you." WinWin shrugged. "I'll get Yuna to hang out with you today. Okay? I think you've been hanging around too many boys."
"You sound like my dad." I pouted.
"What exactly did Jaemin say to Haechan that made him so angry?.."
I had thought.

Days have passed and I still have yet to hear from Haechan. "Why is he distancing himself?.. he usually finds excuses to see me.. what was he going to tell me the other day?..." I sat on my bed. Rapidly shaking my hands on my head. Hani was in the room, she looked over to notice me. "Don't you need to study?" She asked. I sighed and looked at her. "Yeah." I felt in a miserable mood. "Are you alright?" Hani juggled doing her homework and taking glances at me. "I'm fine." I sighed and laid back. My hair falling all over the place. "That doesn't sound like you're fine." Hani got up and walked over to me. "Do you want motivation?" Hani put her hands on her waist. Her face was determined. "Dang she pretty." I sighed to myself. "It's not that. I'm just in a confused mood." Which was true. I couldn't stop thinking about Haechan, and thinking about what Jaemin had said to him. "Is it about a boy?" Hani raised her eyebrow. When she said that my face turned red. I sat up and looked down. "No." I looked down. "It totally is." Hani sat next to me. "I wasn't expecting her to be so nice like this.. I don't really like her but yet.. I feel bad about it. Because I do want to like her." I glanced at her. "I guess." I shrugged. "Who is he?!" She sounded excited. "Well.. I can't say." I scratched my head. "Why am I talking as if I have feelings for him..?"  "Okay. Then, what's the problem with him? Did he treat you badly?" Hani put her hair behind her ear. "No." I waved my hands with a nervous chuckle. "He's just not telling me something.. and well he's frustrated? Uhg. I don't really know." I shrugged with a pout on my face. "Oh. Have you known each other for a while?"
"Yeah," I replied. "For like ten, eleven years.." I got deep into thought. Talking about him was making my heart beat way to fast. "Oh wow. Haha." Hani chuckled. "Maybe you should tell him then, so there's no more confusion." Hani got up. "What is there to tell?" I thought. "Just tell him you're concerned. Make sure to comfort him." Hani sat back down at her desk. "Yeah...thanks." I got out my phone. "I'm confused with the guy I like too," Hani said while playing with her hair. I immediately thought: "Haechan?" "He is cute and teases me.. but I'm not sure if he's genuine if you know what I mean?" Hani shrugged. "Yeah." I nodded. I looked at my phone and my many texts to Haechan.

Me: Haechan, is every-
Thing okay?     

✔sᴇᴇɴ