Chapter Twenty Seven: Mistletoe

The cold weather started to unravel. The sky was cloudy, and the air was thin. So much time had passed since I was last at school, that arriving made me nervous.

I sat next to Haechan in a cab. My hands were cold and it reminded me that it was already winter. Haechan looked over at me as I looked out of the window. "It's been so long and it really doesn't feel like it." I made a sigh. "I missed everyone so much. I got so many messages from them but I didn't answer for so long.." I muttered and looked over at Haechan, who was gently smiling at me. "It might be awkward for a bit but, I am sure they will welcome you back and be so happy to see you." 
I made a small smile. My heart was fluttering. I crossed my arms trying to warm up. "Funny how it's almost Christmas and I haven't even planned anything." I chuckled. "Well, Let's just focus on having fun...ah." Haechan stretched and took a big breath. "How about we all go for food and have a Christmas gathering or something.." Haechan scratched his head, trying to think. My eyes widened as I got an idea. "How about we bake Christmas cookies like we used to do?" I started to get excited. "Ah~ but, I haven't baked in so long.. I'd probably burn them like last time."
"Let's just do it. It'll be fun." I nudged Haechan's shoulder. My heart started to grow. I felt so much better and filled. I was secure with Haechan by my side. 
I looked out the window again and noticing all the passing buildings. "We are getting close to the school." I tapped my feet. I was nervous. 
"Don't be nervous. I am sure not much has changed in a month." Haechan nodded his head. I looked over at him with a smile. "I hope he's right."
We both arrived at the college campus. I slid my feet out of the car and stepped onto the sidewalk. I looked up at the campus and students walking around. Haechan was right behind me. I shivered by the slight breeze. I looked around to see if I could find anyone. "Let's go." Haechan suddenly grabbed my hand and started dragging me. "Hey!" I yelled at him. My heart was rushing, and my feet were getting tangled. "Where are you bringing me?" 
He dragged me into the gym. I noticed a game was going on. WinWin was dunking the basketball in the hoop. Mark and Johnny were also on the field. My heart started to pound. "It's only been a month..why did I miss them this much?"I grabbed ahold of my chest. WinWin was running with the ball across the court. The ball was passed around, cheers and yells filled the building. The ball was tossed from person to person. WinWin was running trying to block the other team from shooting the ball. Haechan nudged my arm. "They seem like they are much better than they were before. At Basketball I mean." Haechan whispered with a chuckle. "Let's sit down." He nudged. I looked back at the field and WinWin was wiping his forehead and moving his hair back. He looked around the whole room, then his eyes dragged over to me. Both our eyes widened as we looked at each other. WinWin closed his eyes and opened them again. A break for the game was called. WinWin started to run up to me with a large smile on his face. "Y/N?" He looked down at me and Haechan. "And Haechan, thank you very much," Haechan whined proudly. "You're back.." WinWin scratched his head. "It's been so much time, how are you?!" WinWin was out of breath but he still had concern for me. For that, I smiled brightly. "I am great. It's great to see you again." 
"That's great. Let's be sure to gather everyone together.." WinWin looked around and got Mark and Johnny's attention. They ran up to us with a large smile. "Bro!" Mark gave Haechan a side hug. "Bro, I thought it felt like it's been forever since I've seen you." Mark looked at both of us. A whistle was blown for everyone to go to their teams. "After the game, we will hang for sure!" WinWin smiled shyly and they ran back onto the field. "See? They were so happy." Haechan nudged my leg with a smile. "Yeah.." I shyly looked down. Haechan and I were sitting so close. 
We finished watching the game together. 
WinWin's team ended up winning and the whole stadium filled with cheer. I clapped my hands. All the teammates ran up and wiped their foreheads with towels, and drinking water. Sweat dripped from their heads. I noticed someone ran from the bleachers up to Mark. It took me a second to realize it was Soojin. "I didn't notice her for a second.." I muttered as I stared. "She has blonde hair so that's probably why I didn't notice.."  Haechan looked over at me. "You're really staring." I snapped out of my trance. "Sorry. I just didn't notice her before." I looked back over at Mark and Soojin talking to each other with smiles. "Oh. They're cute..I guess they're officially together now." Haechan scratched his head with a chuckle. "Yeah," I made a quick glance at him. "I predicted it. They're meant to be together. They've been through so much.." As I said that it reminded me of the relationship between Haechan and me. I shyly looked down. "When should I tell him...?"
I made a slow glance up at Haechan without him noticing. My heart was beating. I shook my head to myself. "Reminds me of someone." Haechan took a breath. I sat up. "Who?" I asked, but he got up and made his way over to the others without answering. I quickly followed him. They all noticed us. "Y/N!" Soojin's eyes widened as she saw me. She quickly gave me a hug. "You look so different!" She told me.
"No...do I?" I looked down at myself. "You look great by the way. I didn't expect you to go blonde." I chuckled, embarrassed. 
"I know it was only a month but, I wanted to change it up. Yuna did too!" Soojin added as we all walked out of the gym. The doors swinging open let in a cold breeze. We all shivered. "Wait, Yuna changed her hair?.." I muttered as we made our way through the campus. I ran up to Haechan, who was talking to Johnny. "Hey, how did you know there was a game?"
"Oh," Haechan scratched his nose. "Mark texted me."
"Oh..so you told him we were coming back." I nodded.
"Yeah, of course." Haechan kept going back and forth with talking to me and Mark. "Yeah, don't worry I didn't tell anyone else, so it was all a surprise!" Mark looked at me and winked. "Oh, thanks." I made a small chuckle. 

I decided to go to bring all my things to my dorm. As I walked in, a thought came across me. "I wonder if Hani is still here.." I walked in to see the other side of the room was empty. "Did she leave...?" I muttered to myself as I placed my bags on my bed. Everything was still the same as it was before I left. "What could've changed in a month?"
I looked at my phone to see I got a message. 

Soojin: I forgot to tell you, I didn't
want to stress you out. But, Hani
caused some trouble while you 
were gone. She made a whole 
scene. I will tell you more about
it later.