~11~

"And with Nadia?"

"And with Nadia?"

Niccolò had never imagined his family life bursting. To tell the truth, what child would imagine his life go out?

And yet Alba seemed to be quite stable in relation to him. She was good. He was a real mess.

He simply couldn't choose a side and yet only God knew how much he wanted to help his mother. He was a mother's son, he recognized it. Unfortunately he was also a son and a loyal brother. It was what was called : an impossible situation.

Unfortunately, he had no choice on that famous day. The one who had changed him forever.

It was his fifteenth birthday. He and Alba had long since abandoned their old band of friends. One side of this choice was the difficulty of having to spend most of his life alone. He had never really been used to loneliness. Not like Alba.

Even though his sister had Marina most of the time Niccolò knew that she was self-sufficient. But not him. He needed others to evolve. He needed to be able to count on his friends during a basketball game. He needed to be part of something to feel alive.

So, yes, Niccolò regretted his choice.

Unfortunately there was no turning back now. A fact that he knew very well how he went home alone again. Alba had taken the habit of taking the bus.

He let out a deep sigh as he crossed the entrance before removing the straps from his bag almost immediately to put it on the floor. He then went into the kitchen where he took an apple from the fruit basket while looking around for a sign from his parents.

His father was rarely at home since what happened with their mother but that didn't really matter to him. Whenever he was at home he paid more attention to his sister. Niccolò was convinced that it was because his sister looked like their mother but it was still a futile hope for a child in pain.

"Mamà? Papà ?" Hailed the brown hazel as he strolled along the kitchen to the living room while absently juggling with his apple."Mamà? Hay alguien ?"

However, he didn't hesitate to make a sudden pause by dropping his apple in the process at the sudden sight in front of him. There, fainting on the ground was their mother bathed in her own pool of vomit. She seemed totally motionless.

At the sight of her Nicco could feel his heart racing in a frenzied rhythm letting him rush over their mother as he shouted her name. He fell to his knees, completely ignoring the vomit infiltrating the trousers of his uniform before raising his hands on his mother's body in panic.

He didn't know what to do.

He was petrified.

The tears soon poured in as he asked their mother to wake up while shaking her slightly. He could feel his whole body tremble in horror as she remained inert.