~13~

"You remember Samuel's party? Some people have seen you arguing with Marina

"You remember Samuel's party? Some people have seen you arguing with Marina. What can you tell me about it?"

Once again Alba was forced to attend one of those luxury and decadence parties. And she definitely couldn't help but wait for the end. Until now she had been content to endure the wandering eyes of married men of her father's age and listen to the more than irreverent praises of their wives.

The worst of all was that Alba wasn't old enough to consume the sweet elixir of sparkling bubbles that could help her overcome this unbearable moment. And to continue on this nightmare, Niccolò had had to remain at the villa because of a horrible food poisoning.

Honestly Alba sincerely regretted not having pushed a similar act. She even regretted not being really sick. In her eyes everything was better than having to witness the complete disaster of the wealthy.

So she didn't have the usual defense of imposing Nicco. Hence the reason she had to be even more cautious that night. She had already received enough hateful glances from her old friends to last a lifetime.

Taking advantage of the inattention of her father and his somewhat enterprising interlocutor towards her, Alba rushed to the buffet before she was again stopping in her quest to get some food in her empty stomach. No matter how many times she tried to serve herself tonight she had always been arrested until now. Whether it's by her father asking for her attention or by women with anorexic tendencies gauging her with an evil eye to each of her attempts.

Succeeding in finding a baked toast Alba hurriedly stuffed it into her mouth before literally throwing her head back with a slight grunt of appreciation at the feeling of fat dancing over her taste buds.

"Well it's a moan." Suddenly spoke a voice that was both unfamiliar and familiar to Alba.

She turned her head to one side, bringing her hands to her lips to try to hide her crime before opening her eyes wide at the sight of the boy in front of her. Or rather, the young man. She didn't even remember the last time she saw him but she could now attest that he had grown up well. And in all the right places.

He was now one or two more heads than she. His formerly slender and rather bony form now seemed made only of protruding muscles. His jet-black curls had thickened considerably around his head, accentuating his high cheekbones and jutting jaw.

Pushing her observation further Alba realized he still looked the same. If she believed in his outfit, he still liked breaking the codes. That night he wore black bent jeans with a striped yellow-and-black t-shirt tucked inside the waistband and a burgundy-red shirt open over it.

Now Alba wasn't really the type to easily lose her temper in front of a handsome boy, after all she had grown up with breathtaking specimen, but she could already asserted that he had managed to leave her speechless.