~19~

"I was just trying to help

"I was just trying to help."

Alba still remembered the blood and cries of Ander screaming at Guzman to stop. It had taken the strength of Polo, Ander and Niccolò combined to restrain him from hitting Pablo further. His white Las Encinas shirt had been stained with blood when he had turned to meet Alba's eyes in a sort of second state of rage.

It was then that Alba realized that Guzman had a real anger problem.

-----------------------

"So you decided to wear it eventually."

Nadia gave Alba a grimace in uncertainty as she readjusted the hijab that Guzman had offered her around her face."It doesn't pose a problem, I hope?"

"Honestly, it's the least of my worries right now." Alba replied in a detached tone before quickly realizing her egoism as she gave her a comprehensive look."And then it would be a shame to throw such a beautiful hijab. I hate to say that but Guzman has always had good taste in fashion."

Nadia gave a smile by her rescue before pausing at the end of the corridor as she raised her eyebrows with a dubious air."I'm not so sure. Look at his glasses."

Alba turned in surprise before shrugging her shoulders as she saw Guzman walking towards them with a pair of retro-style round glasses.

Personally she found the form rather pretty but its usefulness inside was enough to remind her bitterly of the last night's party.

She straightened as he finally stopped in front of them with a small smile at the sight of Nadia's hijab."Nice hijab."

"If only I could say the same thing about your glasses." Nadia chuckled, definitely more inclined to forgive Guzman.

The latter let out a breath of laughter by removing his pair before apologizing again." I got a hangover."

"I guess the party wasn't the same for everyone." Nadia nodded, giving Alba a worried look.

A look that Guzman caught quickly as he quickly lost his smile in the realization."It was a masquerade. It was marketing for my father's compagnie. I knew it. And I was complicit as always. You were right to stop talking to us, Alba. If the situations had been reversed I would have despised you."

"I'm going to walk in front. You seem to have things to say to you." Nadia gave a look at Alba before looking between the duo with empathy."Thanks, Guzman. I was wrong about you."

Alba watched as Nadia moved away into a conflicting feeling before turning her eyes to Guzman as she realized she didn't want to go to war with him again. Certainly she had despised him before but it had never really been his fault. And even today he wasn't responsible for her brother's choices.

"I would understand it if you don't want to speak to me anymore."

"Have you always been so dramatic? Because if you continue on this melodramatic path I am not sure that we can be friends." Alba finally resumed with a faint smile on her lips as she waited for Guzman's reaction.