~24~

"What happened in the city? Shortly before Marina's death."

"What happened. You haven't seen the info? You haven't had a police report?"

"I wish it came from you."

"A lot of stuff happened."

"It was quiet serious."

" A bit too much."

"Things have degenerated."

"We had no control."

"When the powder goes into contact with fire ..."

"There can only be one consequence."

"The explosion."

"Boom!"

"Everything went into a spin. All of it."

Alba readjusted her Las Encinas blazer before looking over her shoulder at her desk. She clenched her jaw at the sight of the keys of the loft and the suitcase containing the 300,000 euros of bail.

She turned her eyes coldly on her mirror to finish readjusting the collar of her gray and red blazer of her uniform before heading to her desk to retrieve its contents. The sound of her heels echoed behind her as she strode down the hallway to the kitchen where her mother and brother were now.

The latter was currently using a glass of orange juice but he wasn't slow in taking a break as Alba sharply threw the keys on the glass table to her mother before placing the suitcase on it. She reached the latches with her thumbs, keeping eye contact with her mother before lifting the lid.

Martika sat up in her chair, placing her mimosa on the table before raising her eyebrows with an impressed smile as Alba turned the suitcase in her direction to show her the money.

"What's all this ?!" Niccolò puffed as he joined his sister's side, giving a sharp look between the two.

Martika shook her head with a victorious smile before grabbing the loft keys as she stood up to take the suitcase."Don't worry about mother-daughter stories, honey."

She closed the suitcase with a click before placing it at her side just as Salvaro made his entrance giving a confused look at the trio visibly tense." What's happening here ?"

"Nothing. Mom was just telling us that she had found a loft in the city." Alba answered flatly without ever leaving Martika with her eyes. She gave a new smile impressed by her audacity and determination.

"What?" Exclaimed their father in shock before advancing to his wife in confusion."And can we know for what reason?"

"I think it's wise to say that the children have become far too confused by the situation." Martika expertly chuckles, signing Niccolò with a chin sign to show her point."It's time to impose a certain distance. For their well-being, of course."

Salvaro straightened his shoulders as he lifted his chin as he watched each of them take turns before nodding his head."Good. Suffice it to say that you needed a new space to practice your creativity."

"Perfect." Martika nodded in a somewhat shaky voice, as their father was so quick to agree.

"I suppose this suitcase contains the payment?" Salvaro asked as he signed the suitcase leaving Alba and Niccolò looking at their mother with slight apprehension as she nodded her head."Since everything is already in order."