~22~

"Marina wasn't the only one to use drugs, did she? "

Having had a special relationship with the lost boy Alba wasn't unknown to the illicit substances. She knew the damage and property to the use of drugs. She had tried many of them beside the boy. Sometimes it was just to have fun and to spice up their little games between them.

However she had never been in the excesses. It was only occasional. She knew how much it could ravage a person.

And that was exactly what Marina did. Unfortunately for her Alba had a lot more trouble managing than worrying about her.

--------------------

"You don't understand ?! If someone learns what we've done we will finish like them!"

Alba paused in her make-up at the agreement of her brother's scream before glancing over her shoulder at her closed door. She rested her brush in curiosity before getting up from her stool to go down the hall. She followed the voices coming from the living room just to hide behind the wall of the entrance at the sight of Niccolò pacing in the hustle and bustle.

"We should tell dad everything. He will know what to do." Panicked Nicco eagerly as he continued to stir.

Alba frowned as she listened more to the agreement of their mother's categorical refusal."Do you know what will happen to me if your father learns it? He will ask for a divorce and he will take all our money."

"Our money ?!" Repeated Nicco indignantly."This money is mine. You used the company's money to help your fucking ex-lover, and then you had blackmailed your own son so that he didn't tell his father everything."

Alba widened her eyes in pure rage this time as the pieces were assembled on their own.

"Yeah, I did that." Recognized their mother without any qualms."And don't force me to start again, Niccolò. Imagine what your poor moralist of sister would say if she learned the truth. Or even worse, your father? You imagine how disappointed he will be by his beloved son."

Alba had to literally catch a surprised yelp as Niccolò tapped his two palms flat on the table in pure rage."Leave Alba out of this!"

"Mhm you're so weak. Like your father." Laughed Martika leaving Alba toss her head against the wall to stop herself from intervening."It's enough that we talk about your dear little sister so that you lose the face completely."

"If we ever fall I'll make sure you pay the price." Niccolò cried, before turning abruptly, leaving Alba widen her eyes as she plunged deeper into the wall, hoping to look small.

She literally held her breath as Niccolò suddenly passed in front of her before looking at his receding back as she pulled her hand from her lips to catch her breath in anxiety.