~17~

"If it's not Nano or Samuel and you didn't kill him either

"If it's not Nano or Samuel and you didn't kill him either. So did it, Alba?"

The involuntary alcohol intoxication of their mother wasn't an isolated case for the twins. During their childhood they had discovered behind the scenes of alcohol consumption. And who said alcohol, said act of violence.

It was a fact that made it even more difficult for Alba to forgive her. Simply because if her twin hadn't been by her side that day she might not be there to tell her story.

She still remembered that famous moment when she realized that her so-called model had completely left her mother's body.

She must have been eight years old when that happened.

It all started with bellies aches and a high fever. Obviously if her mother had been like any of the mother's of her classmates she would have known that there was something really wrong with her daughter. And if she had been much more attentive she would have recognized an appendicitis crisis. Unfortunately her mother wasn't that type of person.

So when Alba had begun to complain of her feverish condition her mother had contented herself with punishing Alba with a bored gesture of her hand before refilling a glass of wine.

Two hours.

It was the time she had spent writhing in pain. She had turned and crawled into bed hoping someone would come to help her.

During this time, the chills and aches had long since joined the first symptoms making her situation even more difficult to bear.

It was only when she could no longer take the pain that she got up again. She had to literally stand against the walls to keep going. Her hand holding her aching belly. She grimaced at each step as she continued to advance, dragging herself against the walls before finally reaching the kitchen.

She was soon to see their mother basking as if nothing happen on their couch.

This simple sight brought more tears to her eyes as she pleaded for her mother."Please, mamà help me."

In response, Martika was content to leave a disgraceful growl before rising in a visibly frustrated leap by her daughter's whining behavior. She was definitely like her father.

"You will never leave me alone." Martika breathed as she grabbed a glass from the cupboard before putting it on the counter. Alba contented herself with advancing towards her mother despite the pain.

She could feel the relief of finally being listened to.

She climbed onto one of the small stools specifically designed for them before watching her mother take a strange medicine box. She remembered her mother taking it when she was sad. If she remembered well her father had called the tablet box : anxiolytics.