01 ~ Grub N' Stuff

Let me begin by saying that this is a sequel to the book "Muffin" so if you have not read that already, I would suggest you do so! :))

I really hope people will enjoy this story as I have put a lot of effort into it!!

And as of now I don't think this will be anywhere as long as the first book.

Enjoy!!

///

"Sorry for the wait" you apologized, setting the plates on the table in front of the customers.

They were a small family.

The parents gave you a look which looked a tad bit annoyed, but what could you do? You were only a waitress, you didn't make the food.

"How about a complementary dessert on the house for the inconvenience?" You offered and the little girl and her twin brother sparked with joy and began nodding.

You smiled and wrote down their order before heading back to the kitchen to make their ice cream sundaes.

"Yugyeom you seriously need to start getting orders out quicker" you told him while scooping the ice cream into the sundae glasses.

He turned to you biting his lip innocently. "I'm trying y/n, I'm scared I'll mess it up though"

You began to put the sauce on the ice cream. "Who cares, this is a diner on the outskirts of a college. I'm pretty sure people don't expect that much from us" you said, hoping to take less stress off of him.

"Easy for you to say! You've been a waitress for like three years! You know what you're doing" he pouted.

You smiled and shook your head before putting the ice creams in the fridge until the family were finished their meals.

Going to college was always a dream for you and two months ago, that dream became a reality.

Your last few months of high school were pretty intense. Not only did you have to study for your exams, but you also had to teach Jimin eight months of work.

He just barley passed, but that was enough for him to attend college with you and boy did you celebrate that night.

But now you both moved into an on-campus accommodation apartment building.

Jiyun, Jimin's mother, had to pull a few strings so that you and Jimin could live in the same building, which you both are still thanking her for to this day, but unfortunately you couldn't live in the same apartment due to rules and regulations.

Basically, they didn't want any college dropouts due to pregnancies.

But you hold your own. You pay your own bills and rent .

Unfortunately, you did have to leave your previous job at the cafe, that you adored and now you work at a 60's diner called "Grub N' Stuff" As if the name wasn't bad enough, you have to wear an obnoxious bright yellow coloured 60's waitress uniform as well.

The diner was not exactly five star worthy, but you got a meal for a good enough price.

The diner wasn't too crowded during the day, most of its income came in on the night shifts when drunk imbeciles come in after a houseparty.

You were the one who worked the night shifts, which was the worst part of your job.

You went over to a group of three, who were as described above, they were pretty much drunk off their heads and they reeked of god knows what. You walked over in your short yellow uniform and began cleaning up as they mumbled their drunken slurs to one another.