18 ~ Sour Milk

Imma proof read this tomorrow as it's late and I need to watch love island lol.

So if it's a little different tomorrow, you know why haha.

///

"Dropped at the cafe as promised" Jackson smiled. "Thank you for making a four hour trip seem shorter"

"Well thank you for offering- well more like demanding- to drive me here, but your heart was in the right place" you chuckled and he gave a light punch to your arm.

"You're an idiot" he joked.

"But in all seriousness, I really mean it when I say thank you for everything you've done" you say with a boice full of gratitude. "Between the speech, then inviting me for breakfast and then this whole day you've been so generous. So thank you from the bottom of my heart"

"You're making me emotional" he chuckled. "But you're very welcome bud" he winked and you rolled your eyes with a smile before opening he car door and hopping out to get your bag.

You packed light - one bag of essentials -whereas your roommate Sowon brought home four.

You closed the door and waved gently to Jackson before making your way past the cafe.

You weren't in the mood to go in and see the festivities in there. You simply glanced to see if a certain Mrs. Lee was at her usual table, but alas, she wasn't there.

You then kept your head down and walked the same path you took home many months ago before you had to change it to a different root as you had a new destination to go to.

An old melancholy feeling washes over you as you see your apartment building in the far distance. You just keep your head down and go the opposite direction.

The sky was going dark and there was a drizzle falling from the clouds.

The wind was blowing your hair in all different directions and the cold weather was turning the top of your nose to ice.

But all thoughts of that went away when you entered your old neighborhood.

You were almost certain that you wouldn't have to look at this place ever again, but things change.

And almost immediately after entering the area, you heard all those sounds that were like background noises to you.

The car or house alarms, the sound of glass breaking or the flickering of the lights on lampposts.

You fiddled with the necklace that Jimin gave you all that time ago. The one that looked like your mothers one.

You remember he had made you read all his favorite books in order for you to get it.

It's nice to think of nice memories of a person, especially when you're going through a hard time with them.

You turned a corner and was a mere few seconds away from your destination.

You sighed upon seeing the building in front of you and you warily walked toward where you kept the spare key.

It was always hidden inside a flower pot at the edge against the ceramic curve, buried in the soil.

Only you knew about this little hiding spot and it was there for situations where you would come home from work and find out the at you'd forgotten your key and instead of knocking on the door and making your father angry, you could use this spare key.

You shook the dirt off of it and walked to the front door, slotting the key into the key whole and twisting it.

The door opened and you were met with a freezing cold, dark house.