21 ~ French Fry Jenga

///

"Fucking hell, I'm sick of this shit!" You exclaimed after cleaning up a huge mess that some young, annoying teenagers left.

A mountain of chips and leftover bits of burger, every condiment that you had in the diner as well as salt, pepper and you're almost positive you saw some paprika sprinkled in areas. And let's not forget the torn up tissue paper that was sprinkled around the edges of their creation.

And of course, you were left to clean it up. It may seem like an exaggeration on your part but when you're doing this day in and day out, it gets tiring and boring very fast.

"By the cheery sound to your voice I'd say that you just adore your job" Hongjoon sniggered and you looked over to him with annoyed expression stretched across your face.

"If you don't shut that sarcastic ass up you will be drop kicked to Alaska" you glared at him and he put his hands up defensively with a small mischievous chuckle.

"You're funny when you're grumpy" Hongjoon comments as you make your way back to the counter from the messy, now clean, table.

"I'm glad my distress amuses you" you deadpanned.

"Just slightly" he joked and you smiled at him slightly before returning to a different job. "So tell me what's been happening with you" Hongjoon says while slurping on his second strawberry milkshake.

"Nothing really, I'm bored a lot of the time" you admit to him.

"So why don't you go out with some friends, or better yet your boyfriend" he wiggles his eyebrows. He knew that you and Jimin were going through stuff but it wasn't confirmed to him wether the both of you were split or not. He had a hunch that the both of you split, but this was going to be how he confirmed it.

You looked at him with straight face and breathed out heavily. You don't like these sort of situations.

And by that I mean pity situations.

You hated people who give you pity. You already don't feel great and now you have someone else piling on the feeling, telling you how sad they feel for you.

And 99% of the time you just want to politely ask them to fuck off.

But you don't.

You keep your self composed and placed a smile on your face.

"Me and Jimin aren't together anymore" you spoke softly.

"Yeah, I kinda had thought so" he admitted and you nodded.

There was an awkward silence that you really wanted to break. "But I'm fine, I'm dealing with it and I would much prefer it we changed the subject" you told him and he smiled and continued to drink his shake.

"Wanna game of french fry jenga?" He quirks an eyebrow with a suggestive smile.

///

Jimin is about to put his fist through a wall.

He can't think straight, his thoughts flooded with confusion and hurt.

Hearing how Sowon and Chaerin spoke about you and how Sowon and to tell you to not stay in the dorm over Christmas.

You had to be convinced to do so.

Otherwise you would've spent the entirety of that holiday in a freezing cold building with no one inside it but you.

He was happy to hear that Sowon did successfully manage to direct you out of that idea, but you didn't even go back to the apartment that you both used to share.