20 ~ Sadly in Love

Can't believe I'm over twenty chapters. Ngl, I thought this would be like 15 chapters long lol.

But I also thought that when I began writing the first book and here we are with it finished at 60. Oopsie.

///

"How was your break?" You said with a small huff as you threw your bag on your bed.

You were finally back to uni, after an agonisingly slow Christmas break. You've just arrived at your dorm to find Sowon and Chaerin already inside.

They gave you a quick hug and welcomed you back.

After throwing your bag, that you brought home, onto your bed you collapsed onto the soft, cushioned material of your mattress. You curled up and took a deep breath, missing the comfort of this bed.

It's funny how you missed your university bed. Usually college kids miss their bed at home.

"Did you enjoy Christmas y/n? I'm sure you got loads of nice presents" Chaerin asked.

Sowon looked up straight away. She didn't tell Chaerin about your family status and now she feels so guilty that her beloved girlfriend is being long it up unknown's to her.

You looked over to Sowon and could see her sorrow filled eyes.

"Ah- yeah it was great" you answered, hoping that would prevent any follow up questions.

"You haven't told me what you got?" She reminds you.

Sowon just grabs Chaerin's hand and escorts her out of the dorm.

"Come on, I need something to eat" She told Chaerin and dragged her away from the dorm.

You chuckled to yourself, shaking your head afterwards.

It was funny how people go and male this big deal out of things. Sure you spent Christmas alone and you didn't celebrate the traditional way with gifts, but that was just how it was.

It could've been a lot worse.

You could've been really sick, or perhaps worse.

So when people make this big deal over avoiding the matter it makes no sense to you. This was just your normal day to day life, it was nothing to avoid from you incase you might be sensitive or emotional over the circumstance.

But other people don't know that because they don't have to live through it, they don't experience what you experienced.

You looked around your room and sighed at the thought that you have to pack away all your stuff that you took away for the holidays.

After a lot of procrastinating, you ended up packing everything away neatly. You found yourself thinking that maybe you should get some food after all your work.

You walked out of your apartment after putting a hoodie on. You kept the hood up as you walked as it provided warmth as well as a sort of hiding spot.

If someone were to spot you, you could simply just lower your head and play it off.

It was quite clear that you were continuing to avoid a certain person even after the holidays apart. Even though during the two weeks off your mind was constantly showing images of him in your mind like a film.

It was getting tougher and tougher.

You ended walking into a cheap chip shop and sitting down by yourself towards the back.

After a few minutes, a familiar face came into view.

"Jackson?"

The boy standing before you smiled at your surprised expression.