Part 2: A New Friend

Morning came quicker than Ochako had hoped, and despite the fact that she didn't have to work today, she really wished she could have just gone back to sleep. She turned to her other side to see her husband still fast asleep.

"Izuku.. Hey."

She whispered as she gently shook him with one hand and wiped one of her eyes with the other.

"Izuku." She repeated.

"H-huh? What?"

He replied groggily, his hair even more messy than usual due to bed head.

"You need to..wake up Eri."

Ochako said as she yawned. She attempted to stretch to wake herself up more, but to no avail.

Izuku turned to look at his alarm clock. It was 6:45 A.M.

"Izuku!" His wife repeated, agitated this time.

"W-what?! What?"

The sudden raise of her voice startled him, causing him to raise immediately out of bed. His eyes were opened wide.

"I told you that you needed to go wake up Eri." She replied, frustration in her voice.

"O-okay." He said.

If he were being honest, he was irritated, but even after only a year of marriage, he knew he had better not point out her crankiness.

Knock knock.

"Eri? It's time to wake up."

Izuku entered her room only to find a sound asleep young girl. Her long blue/grey hair was spread all over her pillow.

"Eri? It's time to wake up." He repeated in a soft voice.

Eri groaned as she pulled her blanket over her face. Izuku sighed.

"Eri, please wake up. Your mom isn't in the best mood this morning, and I don't want her to be agitated with you too."

He heard soft giggles from underneath the blanket. He gently pulled it back to reveal a wide awake Eri.

"Gotcha, papa. Look. I'm already ready for school."

She said proudly as she got out of bed. Sure enough, she already had her school uniform on.

Izuku laughed. He was relieved that his wife wouldn't become angry with either one of
them—him for "not waking her" and her for not getting ready. He knew she had never been a morning person, but she usually was still her sweet self. He didn't understand why she was so upset this morning.

"I'll go make your lunch."

He told Eri before making his way into the kitchen. He was surprised to see his wife sitting at the counter with a cup of coffee. To be honest, he was slightly afraid she'd snap at him again.

"Good morning, honey."

He said sweetly as he kissed her cheek.

Ochako glanced at him after taking another sip of her coffee.

"Okay.." he thought to himself.

He grabbed Eri's favorite lunch box and began to put leftover katsudon and mochi in it. When he finished, he closed the lid. He was surprised to see a hero on the front of it.. it was him.

"That's my favorite lunch box, papa."

Eri smiled sweetly as she entered the kitchen and gave him a hug.

"Momma bought it for me. It was a limited edition, and you're one of my favorite heroes," she stated, looking up at her father who was quite a bit taller than her.