Part 20: Valentine's Day

"Happy Valentine's Day, Eri."

Izuku placed a crown made of fresh flowers on her head.

"Thanks, papa." She giggled. "This is so pretty. Did momma make it?"

"Mhm. She also took the honmei-choco that you two made out of the fridge so you could take them to school.

A/N: Honmei-choco are chocolates that are typically homemade or fancier/more expensive chocolates that are given to whoever a girl is truly romantically interested in or their romantic partners

"Have you decided who you're going to give them to?"

Eri began to blush. "Uh—yeah. I'm going to give them to my friend..."

"Which friend?" He smirked.

"Izuku, don't antagonize her." Ochako scolded as she giggled and rolled her eyes.

"Come along, Eri. You'll be late for school if we don't get going."

"Coming, momma!" Eri carefully gathered the honmei choco and darted out the door.

—————

"Happy Valentine's Day, Eri!"

"Happy Valentine's Day, Satsuki!" Eri replied while embracing her friend.

"Here, my mom and I made these honmei choco last night. Since they're special, I wanted to give one to you since you're my best friend."

"Wow! These are so good!" Satsuki exclaimed as she took another bite.

"I bet I know who you're giving these to." She smirked.

Eri's cheeks flushed a bright pink.

"You're giving them to Kota, aren't you?"

Eri was flustered. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. He's just a friend."

"Sure he is." Satsuki playfully rolled her eyes. "That's what my big sister says about Uncle Tokoyami."

"Uncle Toko? Aunt Tsu and Uncle Toko would be such an adorable couple!" Eri exclaimed.

Satsuki giggled. "Well, they've been on a few dates.. She seems to like him, but she won't admit it."

"Eri?"

Eri and Satsuki turned to face a flustered Kota.

"Is it okay if I have lunch next to you?" Eri quickly hid her bag full of the honmei choco.

"Uh, yeah! Sure!" She grinned nervously.

As the three friends talked and ate their lunches, Satsuki kept signaling Eri with her eyes to give Kota the chocolates to which Eri kept refusing.

Eri sighed with disappointment as the lunch bell rang, signaling that her chance to give the chocolates to Kota had ended.

By the end of the day, Eri had gone over scenario after scenario of how she planned to deliver the chocolates to Kota.

"Okay, Satsuki. This time for real. I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna—"

She bumped into someone, causing her to drop her chocolates.

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Kota reached his hand out.

"Kota! I-I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going.." Eri gently grabbed his hand as he helped pick her back up.

"What's this?" Kota asked, reaching for the bag.

Satsuki nudged Eri.

"I-it's honmei choco.. for you..." She shyly handed him the bag of her homemade treats.