Part 24: Rescue (Part 2)

Tears began to stream down the woman's face.

"T-thank you.. thank you so much.."

Ochako held her close.

"Let's come up with a way to get out of here."

"Trust me.. I've tried.. for 6 months." The woman replied as she wiped her tears from her cheeks.

"Well, two heads are better than one." Ochako began to scan the room for a way out.

There were no windows. The room consisted of two cells, one across from the other, and a door at the end of the room. The only light available were a few candles within each cell.

As the two searched for anything relative to their escape, Ochako began to tremble as she saw medical tools that were on a nearby table.

She almost fainted at the thought of them being used to somehow deliver her child.

"I-is that so you could do a c-section on me if need be?" She asked the woman.

"Y-yes.. but I won't allow that to happen! We're gonna get rid of these tools right now!"

The woman picked up a scalpel that was lying on the table and pulled her arm back to throw it when Ochako stopped her.

Gently, she took the scalpel from her.

"Wait. We can use these if we need to. I typically don't use weapons in combat though."

The woman looked down at Ochako's bump and began to shake her head.

"No. You aren't going to be in combat. Let me take care of it."

"No way. We're in this together, remember?"

Ochako placed a hand on the woman's shoulder before placing the scalpel back on the table.

"Wait. That's it!" The woman exclaimed.

"Ochako, I have a plan."

—————

"The tracks disappeared miles ago.. are you sure we're going the right way?"

"Yes, Deku. Let me drive. I have a feeling."

"How do you know it's this way?"

"I told you, I have a feeling. You chose me to drive, remember? Focus. We need a plan to get Round Face and your kid out of wherever they are safely. I say we take her to the hospital to check for any injuries immediately." Bakugo stated as he continued to drive.

"I know, Kacchan. I appreciate the help. I'm just so nervous right now. I want them to be okay.. more than anything. I'm thinking of a plan now. To be honest, it's hard to even concentrate. My wife and child could be in danger, and I just want to burst onto the scene and strangle every last person who touched them."

"You're starting to sound a lot like me. You've changed since we were kids."

"Yeah. I've grown up, Kacchan. I'm not a kid anymore, and I'm not afraid to hold back on people who touch those I love."

"Keep that in mind when we kick this guy's butt. We'll need to give it our all. He about killed us the last time we fought."

Izuku shook his head.

"I'm not going to let that happen this time. We know his quirk and how it works. We need to come up with a plan to take him and anyone else who may be with him down."

"I say we just smash into the building or whatever and take them down. Isn't 'Detroit smash' or whatever your thing?"

"You're the same as we when were teens, Kacchan. Always wanting to make a grand entrance and never sitting down and formulating a plan."