Part 11: Tenjin Matsuri (Part 2)

"Come on, momma and papa! The parade is starting!"

Eri began to run as she dragged both her parents along.

"Eri, sweetheart. Slow down a little. You're going to make your father drop your new panda bear." Ochako struggled to keep up with Eri's agility.

"Your Full Cowling would come in handy right now, Deku."

Ochako teased as she knew he could run at lightning speed while using his quirk.

"It sure would. I'd use it if there weren't so many people here in this crowd." He joked.

The three finally arrived at a satisfactory location to watch the parade. Izuku handed the panda bear to Ochako and picked Eri up to set her on his shoulders like he used to when she was younger. Although she had grown since then, she was still quite small for her age.

"It's starting!" She gleamed as she watched hundreds of paraders stroll down the streets.

Many of them carried lanterns that shined brightly throughout Osaka. They reminded Eri of the "floating lights" from Tangled.

Many watched in awe as colorful floats passed by. Eri loved waving at the friendly people standing on them. She wished she could ride on a float too. As the parade carried on, there was one particular float that became Eri's favorite the minute she saw it.

The float had a gigantic butterfly that hovered above the stage people were standing on. It was transparent and glowed different colors. Eri watched as the crystalline butterfly changed from blue to purple to green and so on.

She loved butterflies since her parents taught her that, in Japan, butterflies symbolized metamorphosis and transformation—a meaning that they instilled the value of into her.

"Eri. In life, we are like butterflies. We constantly are changing and growing just like them. We come out of our chrysalis, unsure of what's to come. But, in the end, we change into something beautiful, and we always will learn to take flight on our own wings. We love you so much, Eri. We promise to help you find your wings so you're ready to fly one day, our little butterfly."

Butterflies also meant good luck, good health, and prosperity. Eri couldn't love them enough. "I bet you liked that one." Ochako smiled up at Eri who was still mesmerized by the elaborate float.

—————

Once the parade ended, it was almost time for the fireworks to begin. In the mean time, Izuku, Ochako, and Eri explored more of what the Tenjin Matsuri had to offer.

"Momma! Momma! Look! A karaoke contest!"

Eri pointed to a platform that had a mic in the center of it. There was someone already performing.

"Yikes.. They don't sound too good. Why don't you sing, momma? You have such a pretty voice."

"Who? Me? You're so funny, sweetheart." Ochako giggled.

"No. It's true, momma. Will you sing with me, please?"

Ochako hesitated but ended up giving in once she realized how much Eri wanted to sing.

"Okay.." She sighed. She took Eri's hand and walked onto the platform as the previous person exited off of it.

"What do you want to sing? We can select what we want here on this screen."

Eri examined the different song options.

"Please don't let it be Let it Go." Ochako thought to herself.

"What about this one, momma?" Eri asked, looking up at her.

"That one's a good one." She smiled as she pressed the button to start the music. An audience gathered around to watch the mother-daughter duo.