Part 23: Rescue (Part 1)

Around 4 a.m., Izuku awoke from his sleep.

"Huh? Ochako? Where did you go?" He thought to himself.

He wiped his tired eyes and climbed out of bed to search for her.

"Not in the bathroom.. maybe she got hungry and went downstairs. Her cravings get so bad sometimes."

He chuckled to himself as he headed down the stairs.

"Ochako? Honey? Are you here?"

There was no answer. He noticed the light was on in the kitchen as he continued to go down the stairs.

"Ochako?"

He searched throughout the kitchen and the lower floor of their home. Nothing.

A wave of fear wash over him.

"Okay, okay. Don't panic, Izuku. Take a deep breath. Could she have gone anywhere? No. There's her keys. Something isn't right.. I have a terrible feeling."

He dashed back upstairs for his phone and immediately called All Might. He felt his heart race as the phone continued to ring.

"Please be awake.. please be awake and pick up.. please pick up.."

"All Might!"

"Young Midoriya? What are you doing up at this hour?"

"All Might, I need you to listen closely, please. Ochako is missing. I can't find her in the house anywhere. Her keys and car are still here.. I have a terrible feeling.. I don't know what happened, but I feel so helpless right now. I should have been there! I should have—"

"Slow down, Young Midoriya. It's going to be okay. I'm on my way. Take a deep breath."

"I'm going to call Kacchan. I'd call Todoroki, but he needs to be with Momo and the twins." He thought to himself.

"I'll be there in 5. Hang in there."

After All Might hung up, with trembling hands, he began to dial Bakugo's number. After the phone continued ringing a few times, he picked up.

"Deku? Why on earth are you calling me at this time? You better have a good reaso—"

"Ochako is missing, Kacchan! I need your help. I called All Might. He's on his way over here."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Round Face is missing? Are you sure?"

"Yes! I've checked the entire house. She's not here.."

"Okay. I'm on my way."

He felt as if his entire world was crumbling.

"Where could she have gone?"

He was shaken out of his thoughts when he heard All Might outside.

—————

All Might placed his hands on Izuku's shoulders.

"We're going to figure this out. I promise. I'll look around for anything. Tell me what happened."

"I-I don't know what happened. One minute, I was asleep, and when I woke up, she wasn't next to me. I thought maybe she went to the bathroom, but the light was off. I then came down here and saw that the kitchen light was on, but she wasn't anywhere down here either. I don't know what to do, All Might.. I just want her and the baby to be safe.. I wasn't there to protect them like I promised.."

Tears began to flow down his cheeks. "It's not your fault, Young Midoriya. We're going to figure this out."

A few minutes later, Bakugo arrived. All Might explained the situation to him since Izuku was too distraught to speak.