Part 3: The Beginning

Eri had been living at U.A. for approximately a month now. Although she was learning quickly, there was still so much more to know. The principal and teachers decided that she should stay with Ochako since she had become accustomed to her.

They figured that she may be more comfortable with her since she was a girl as well, but Izuku stuck close to the both of them regardless.

Eri was fond of both of them. So much that she began treating them as her parents. Life before this was anything but friendly to her. She never really had parents. Not after her mother abandoned her and the incident with her father. She never had love. Now, she had everything and more.

All of U.A.'s students knew about her. There had been many times where she would bury her face into Ochako's shoulder as she would carry her around campus due to so many asking so much at once.

Eri was more familiar with the students and staff at U.A. now, and she was learning more each and every day.

Since Ochako and Izuku, the two students whom she spent the most time with, had their usual studies to attend to, the teachers would often take turns caring for her when they didn't have class. Aizawa, for one, had particularly taken a liking to the young girl.

"Uncle 'Zawa! Uncle 'Zawa!"

Eri shouted as she pointed to a butterfly flying near the two of them. Aizawa had developed a soft spot for the young girl despite how his character was often perceived.

He continued to hold her against his chest to support her, he too now looking at the fluttering butterfly.

"I see. Do you know what that's called?" He asked.

"Um. A bird?" She replied, not quite sure if that was the correct answer.

She continued to look up at it in awe as she waited for his reply.

Aizawa softly smiled. "It's called a butterfly."

He taught her as he held out a finger for the butterfly to land on. The butterfly had delicate intricately designed wings with vibrant colors of pink, blue, purple, and yellow.

"Ah!"

Eri said as her eyes glistened at the sight of the creature that was now resting on Aizawa's finger.

He held it closer to her, and to their surprise, it crawled onto Eri's nose. She tried her best to hold still so she wouldn't frighten it. She giggled as its antennas beginning to stroke her nose softly.

"It tickles!" She laughed.

She frowned slightly as it flew away after hearing an approaching voice.

"There you two are."

Ochako smiled as she saw how happy Eri was. Izuku accompanied her.

"We've been looking for you two everywhere," he stated. "We checked the cafeteria, Uraraka's room, and even the student lounge. We ended up asking All Might where Eri might be, and he pointed out the obvious that she was most likely with you, Mr. Aizawa."

Izuku smiled at both of them.

They were still dressed in their hero outfits since they both had just finished a training course. They were happy it was their last course for the weekend so they could spend more time with Eri. It was almost as if she were their own daughter even though Izuku was 16 and Ochako only 15.

"Have you had fun today?"

Ochako asked as she extended her arms out to transfer Eri from Mr. Aizawa into her own arms.