Part 8: Promotions

A few weeks had passed, and the big day was finally tomorrow. Ochako and Izuku had been eagerly awaiting their first ultrasound. They were both excited yet nervous not only about the ultrasound, but about breaking the big news to Eri once she got home from school.

—————

"Momma! Papa! I'm home!" Eri announced as she took off her shoes before entering the house.

Ochako and Izuku were sitting on the couch waiting for her. Eri made her way to the couch and plopped herself down next to her mother.

"Are you feeling better today, momma? I know you've been awfully sick lately." Eri lovingly cuddled against her.

"Yes, I am. Thank you, sweetheart. Papa's been taking good care of me."

Ochako smiled as she leaned her head against Eri's.

"Yeah, he's a good caretaker. He always takes care of me when I'm sick too." She replied.

"We actually have a present for you, Eri."

Izuku said as he picked up a bag from off the floor. Eri's eyes widened.

"A present? What for?" She asked curiously.

"Your papa and I went out into town today since I was feeling better, and we picked you up a gift. We hope you like it."

Eri accepted the bag from Izuku and began to remove the tissue paper. She was wondering what it could be. Her birthday was still three months away, so she had no idea what it could be.

"A sweatshirt! Thank you, mama and papa!" Eri gleefully said as she held up the soft white sweatshirt.

"Wait. There's words.." she thought to herself as she began to read.

"Big Sister." She read aloud.

She gasped once she realized what that meant. "I-I'm g-going to be a big s-sister..?" She asked as happy tears streamed down her face.

"That's right

"That's right." Izuku said as he smiled widely at her.

"Momma has your little brother or sister in here." He moved his hand onto Ochako's belly.

Eri began to sob even more. "T-this is the b-best present ever."

As she wiped away her tears, Ochako knelt down on the floor with her and wrapped her into a loving embrace. Izuku joined the group family hug as they all cried tears of joy together.

"How much longer until I can meet my little brother or sister?" Eri asked after she had calmed down a little.

"I'm almost 3 months along, so not until 6 more months or so."

"I want to meet them now." She stated as she kissed her brother or sister.

"We're having our first ultrasound tomorrow if you'd like to come with us." Ochako informed her.