Part 28: Company

The next few days crept by as Ochako and Reiko awaited to be discharged from the hospital.

Despite the long days, many visitors came by to visit the newest Midoriya, and Izuku and Ochako were so happy to have all the love and support from their friends and loved ones.

They specifically requested that they have complete privacy during their stay in order for Ochako to fully recover and to prevent paparazzi from flashing bright lights in their faces.

Many reporters and fans came by hoping to get a sneak peek of the newest member, but the hospital staff turned each one down, letting them leave disappointed.

Izuku came up with a goofy password for their loved ones to tell the staff to prove they weren't just meddling visitors.

"Greetings. We're here to visit the Midoriya's and their new addition, please."

"Pro hero Ingenium! I'm sorry, but I'm still going to require the password to ensure it's really you and not someone with a shape shifting quirk."

"Of course!"

Ida leaned in to whisper into the receptionist's ear.

"I believe the password is 'green tea'."

The receptionist nodded and handed Ida a piece of paper with Ochako's room number written on it.

He, along with Shoto and Momo, headed into the elevator to go up to the 4th floor of the hospital.

Upon arriving outside Ochako's room, Ida knocked.

"Hello? May we come in?"

"Come on in, guys!" Izuku replied from inside.

Ida held the door open for Shoto and Momo as they entered. Momo put a hand up to her mouth as tears welled into her eyes.

She kept her gaze focused on the new mother and tiny green haired baby girl.

"S-she's beautiful!" She stated as she walked closer to Ochako.

"Want to hold her?" She asked.

Momo nodded as she wiped her tears.

"Congrats, Midoriya!" Todoroki stated as he hugged Izuku and patted his back.

"It is an honor to be here at this most celebrated moment. Congratulations to the both of you on the birth of your first child together. It's such a privileged to meet little—"

"Reiko." Izuku interrupted Ida.

"Reiko you say? That's a fine name. It suits her."

Izuku and Ochako chuckled to themselves.

"How are you, Ochako? I hope that recovering well. Midoriya told us all about what happened."

"I'm okay now. Thanks for asking, Ida."

"Well, we're certainly glad you're okay. We wouldn't know what to do without you." He smiled.

Momo handed Reiko back to Ochako as she rejoined her husband's side.

"Would you like to hold her, Ida?"

"I'd be delighted to!" He stated as he held out his arms. Before Ochako could even pass Reiko over to him, she let out a loud cry, startling Ida.

"AHHHH! Oh dear!!" He exclaimed while waving his arms.

Ochako giggled as she began to rock the crying infant.

"Shh shhh shhh. It's okay. You have company. Be good for your Uncle Ida."

Reiko eased her crying and settled back down into a serene state. Ida wiped his brow as he proceeded to attempt to hold the baby.