Part 26: Arrival

"W-what did you say?"

Izuku asked, his eyes as wide as tennis balls. Amniotic fluid continued to soak the sheets below Ochako.

"M-my water broke!" She exclaimed.

She couldn't believe what had just happened. Izuku rushed to grab towels to soak up some of the fluid.

"Don't panic, Izuku. Don't. Panic. If you panic, she'll panic even more. You have to be strong. For her and the baby!"

He took a deep breath as he continued to clean up the fluid. Without thinking, he shouted,

"OKAY! I'M TOTALLY PANICKING!"

Ochako stared at him blankly and began to laugh.

"Izuku! Relax. I'm fine. I'm not even in any pain right now. It'll be awhile before she comes. Let's just get all this amniotic fluid cleaned up and then I'm going to get into the shower. Can you call your mom? She may need to come stay with Eri while you and I go to the hospital."

"Y-yeah. I-I'll do that!" He squeaked.

"It'll be fine, Izuku. I'm going to go take a shower now. Thanks for cleaning up my mess."

She rubbed the back of her head in slight embarrassment before heading into the bathroom.

After cleaning up the remaining fluid, Izuku stripped the bed and threw everything into the washer. He dialed his mother's number while the bedding was washing.

"Hello? Izuku?"

"Hey, mom. Ochako's water just broke. Before you panic, she's okay. She's not in any pain right now so she's taking a shower before we go to the hospital. Do you mind coming over to watch Eri?"

Inko was silent.

"Hello? Mom?"

"IZUKU! MY BABY! I can't believe you're about to have a baby! I'll be right over, sweetie!"

Before he could get another word in, Inko hung up the phone.

Izuku headed back upstairs to check on his wife. By the time he reached their bedroom, she had already showered and changed into her fuzzy pink robe and was putting on lotion.

He wrapped her into a hug from behind, placing both hands on her belly.

"Pretty soon, I won't get to do this anymore. Your bump will be gone."

"Hopefully so. I'm hoping to be able to lose this baby weight ASAP. I have a bridesmaid dress to wear in two months." She giggled.

Within 20 minutes, Inko arrived at their house. When Izuku let her in, she threw her arms around her son, embracing him tightly.

"Uh, mom.. You're squeezing me!"

Tears continued to expel from her eyes with such pressure that they about blew him away from her.

"I'M JUST SO EXCITED! Where's Ochako?! Is she all right, honey? I remember when I was in labor with you, and it was excruciating."

"She's fine, mom. She said she's not in any pain right now. She's upstairs. We can head up there, but quietly. Eri's sleeping."

Inko nodded as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. She tried her best to not dash up the stairs to her daughter-in-law.

When she entered the bedroom, Ochako was packing a few last minute items into her hospital bag.

"OCHAKO, DEAR!" Inko exclaimed as she ran over to her. "How are you feeling?? Are you having contractions?? Oh, honey, they're awful! When I had Izuku, I was crawling because I was in so much pain!"

Living with the MidoriyasOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara