Part 29: Completion

"Okay.. this connects here.. that connects there.. and.. presto!"

Izuku stepped back to see his little girl all strapped into her portable car seat. He had tried his best to make sure she was nice and secure, but he got a little carried away with all the hooks and straps.

Ochako giggled as she stood beside him.

"Izuku, honey. I think she's a little tangled up. Here. Let me fix her."

Ochako unhooked each strap and reconnected them correctly.

"There. She's all ready."

Izuku and Ochako had been eagerly awaiting this day ever since they found out she was pregnant.

They had dressed Reiko in an outfit Inko had bought for her when she heard the news about a new granddaughter.

It was a simple, soft onesie that had the cutest little green bow on the front.

Ochako climbed into the back of the car next to Reiko while Izuku hopped into the driver's seat.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"More than ever." His wife replied, a warm smile on her face.

—————

Izuku carried the hospital bags while Ochako held Reiko's portable car seat. As soon as Izuku unlocked and opened the door, all their friends and family were there to greet the new parents.

"SURPRISE!" They all shouted.

Eri threw her arms into the air as she exclaimed "Surprise!" before running to hug both her parents.

"Welcome home, momma and papa. I've missed you."

"We missed you too, sweetheart." Ochako replied as she and Izuku held Eri close.

"Welcome home, little sister. I've told everyone about you." Eri placed a kiss on Reiko's cheek as she whispered to her.

"Everyone, meet Reiko! She's my sister!"

Initially, the previous class 1-A girls were hesitant to step closer to the sleeping baby until Ochako invited them to meet her.

"Oh my goodness!! She's just the sweetest thing!" Toru exclaimed as she jumped up and down.

"She has green hair like you, Midoriya!" Froppy stated as she examined the sleeping baby.

"Those chubby pink cheeks!"

Mina couldn't resist pinching them.

"They're just like mochi!"

"Excuse me." Ida stated as he cleared his throat.

Immediately, everyone stopped what they were doing and gave their attention to Ida.

"On behalf of all of us here, I would like to present gifts dedicated to baby Reiko to celebrate her birth. First off, what an honor it is to be here in attendance to such a joyous occasion. There truly is nothing like the gift of a new life. Secondly, would you two please make your way into the kitchen? All the gifts are in there."

With an exchanged look and smile, Ochako and Izuku made their way into their kitchen. They were overwhelmed with the amount of love and support they had.

Gifts were stacked high onto the table. The couple was given bottles, diapers, formula for the future, clothes, accessories, a stroller, and more.

"I.. I don't even know what to say."

Ochako was overwhelmed. Happy tears began to stream down her cheeks.

"Thank you all so much. You have no idea what this means to us."