Part 6: Secrets

Eri continuously twiddled with her fingers on the way to the hospital. She kept her head down as many thoughts raced through her mind.

"Your mom's going to be fine, squirt. Promise. She's been through worse."

Bakugo reached over and gently held one of her hands for a moment. A few minutes later, they both arrived at the hospital.

"Excuse me." Ari said as she peeped her head over the counter to speak with a receptionist.

Although she was 11, she was quite short for her age.

"I'm looking for my parents, Izuku and Ochako Midoriya. They're also known as Deku and Uravity." She told the receptionist.

The receptionist looked them up on her computer.

"Ah, yes. Room 156."

"Thank you." Eri replied as she grabbed Bakugo's hand and headed towards the elevators.

—————

"Momma? Papa?" Eri asked as she knocked on the door.

"Come in." Izuku said. Eri rushed over to her father and embraced him, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I-I was so worried, papa. I hate when you and momma leave me to go fight alone. I w-want to help." She sobbed.

Izuku stroked the back of her head as he held her close.

"I know you do, Eri. It's just too dangerous for you right now. Your mom and I want to keep you safe."

Eri had been so focused on her father that she didn't notice that her mother wasn't in the room at the moment.

"Where's momma..?" She gasped.

"She's having some tests done right now, but she'll be back soon." Izuku gave her a soft smile for comfort.

Eri wiped her tears. She had to be strong.

"Eri?" called a familiar voice.

"Grandma!" Eri ran towards Inko and gave her a bear hug.

"What are you doing here, grandma?" She asked her.

"Your dad called and told me about what happened. I had just gone to bed a few hours or so beforehand, so I got ready and immediately came here."

"Mom, Eri hasn't eaten in awhile. Will you take her down to the cafeteria? I know it's really early in the morning, but it's open 24/7."

"Sure, honey." Inko happily obliged. "Come on now, Eri. Let's go get you something to eat."

She took Eri's hand as the two headed downstairs to the cafeteria.

Bakugo noticed that Izuku had given his last attempt at a fake smile. He finally was able to show his true emotions—restlessness, fear, and exhaustion. He frowned, hung his head down, and closed his eyes.

"It's pretty bad, huh?" Bakugo asked.

"Yeah.. They're taking her to have more tests done, but the doctor said we're looking at a possible concussion and other things they aren't sure of yet." Izuku replied, his hand covering his forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"Before we left the scene, she looked as if she was going to faint. I knew she had lost quite a bit of blood, but it wasn't enough for her to pass out from it, so it must be something else. The doctors don't know what. She actually did end up passing out in my arms on the way here, and on top of that, there was a point where she looked very pale and weak. I hurried here as fast as I could. They've been doing tests ever since."