Part 4: Home

"What did you guys talk about, momma?"

Eri asked as her mother began to fill the dumplings with filling.

"Oh, we just talked about how adorable you were. We discussed some rules that we wanted to enforce in order to make sure you had the best time at U.A."

"I did, momma. It was the best day though when you and papa adopted me as my official momma and papa."

Eri reflected on her adoption day. She will never forget the words her parents said to her.

"We love you, Eri. We always will. We promise to protect you and to give you the best life we can."

The couple said as they hugged their new daughter.

Many happy tears were shed that day. Even recalling it would make Eri's heart squeeze.

"Momma?" Eri asked, now remembering another day. "Can you tell me how papa proposed?"

She looked up at Eri who was smiling widely, her eyes twinkling under the kitchen light. Ochako's lips formed into a soft smile as a rosy blush began to cover her face.

"Don't you remember, Eri? You were there." Eri put a finger to her lip as she looked up at the ceiling to remember the day.

"Your papa told us that he wanted to take us on a walk at the beach. It was also the first time you had ever been at the beach. The sun felt so warm and I remember you splashing in the ocean."

"Oh, yeah! I had so much fun. Can we go back someday, momma?"

Ochako laughed.

"Sure. Someday. Your dad got down on one knee and asked me on that same beach he had cleaned back when he was younger. It held a lot of memories for us as well since that's where our first date was. He cried almost as much as I did." She said with a laugh.

Eri held back her giggles. "Papa can be a little sensitive sometimes." She thought to herself.

"Then papa gave me a ring too!" Eri exclaimed excitedly. To this day, she still wore it on her right ring finger. Her ring had a thin silver band and a blue butterfly in the center since he knew how much she loved them.

"Eri, I promise to be the best dad that I can. It might take some learning since I never really had a dad, but I promise you, I'll protect you and your mom as long as I live, and I'll love you both unconditionally. Will you accept this ring and me as your papa?"

Eri remembered her father's words as she looked down at her custom butterfly ring.

Just then, she heard the door open.

"Papa!" She cried as she ran to the door.

"Hi, sweetheart." He replied while giving her a kiss on the head.

"We were talking about the day you proposed to me and momma. Well, really just momma but I count too." She gleamed.

"Of course you do. I asked your mom to be my wife and you to be my daughter, so I proposed to both of you."

He smiled as he rubbed her cheek softly. He smelled the homemade dumplings that his wife was making.

"Let's go talk to your momma." He said as he took Eri's hand.

"Hi, honey." Ochako smiled sweetly at her husband as he and their daughter entered the kitchen.

"Are you two going to kiss again?" Eri grimaced.

"Maybe." Izuku smirked at his wife.

"Bleh! I'm going then!" Eri stated as she began to run out of the kitchen.