Part 7: Surprise!

Ochako and Izuku could hardly contain their excitement.

"How will we tell our parents? How will we tell Eri??"

Izuku questioned with a huge smile on his face.
He was so ecstatic that he didn't know what to do. This was their first biological child, and they knew they'd love this child just as much as Eri.

"Eri.. How will we tell her?"

The two thought to themselves. They noticed each other pondering and asked, "What are you thinking about?" in unison.

"You go first." Izuku said with a smile.

"I was wondering how we were going to tell Eri, our parents, and our friends." Ochako stated, returning a nervous grin.

"I was thinking the same thing." He responded. He rubbed the back of his neck as he thought of ways to share the big news with their loved ones.

"Let's see. It's coming to the end of August now, and the doctor said you're about 8 weeks along. You should be starting to show here in the next two months, so we won't be able to keep it a secret very long."

Ochako's face went blank as her husband continued muttering to himself. She was used to it by now, but she was still amazed at how he problem solved.

"Izuku.. honey. Breathe."

She chuckled as she held a hand up to get her husband to take a breath. She swore he was muttering 2,000 words a minute and that he would pass out from lack of oxygen any second.

"I'm only 8 weeks along. We still have plenty of time to break the news to all our family and friends." She took a deep breath before she proceeded. "Y-You and I both know that miscarriage rates can be high in the first trimest—"

Izuku cut her off.

"No. Don't say that. We can't think like that. This child will be healthy and happy. I swear I'll make that happen."

His eyes went from glistening to sunken. Tears welled up in his green eyes as he grabbed her hand and began to speak.

"When I married you, I promised that I would do anything to protect you—you and Eri both. The same goes for this baby—our baby."

She began to cry. Izuku had always been sentimental, but this was over the top. Her hormones didn't help her in this situation either.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry!" He began to comfort her when there was a knock at the door.

"May I come in?" Dr. Minoru asked.

"Y-Yes." Izuku answered, now focusing his attention on the doctor. Ochako wiped her tears and sniffled.

"O-oh. I'm sorry! I can come back later if that's better for you!" Dr. Minoru said, flustered.

"N-no. Please. Come in." Ochako stated in between wiping her tears and sniffling.

"Whew. I'm good now." She said after taking a deep breath.

Dr. Minoru cleared his throat. "R-right. Mrs. Midoriya, I have called Dr. Akamine. She is the best OBGYN at Keiai Hospital, and I know that you will receive excellent care there if that's where you'd like to go."

Ochako's mouth dropped.

"K-Keiai Hospital?? I'd love to go, but that's a 5-star maternity hospital!"

Author's Note: It's a real maternity hospital that provides new mother with 5-star care!

She panicked for a minute, forgetting that she and Izuku made plenty of money as they were now pro heroes and could afford appointments at such a luxurious hospital. She knew that Izuku would have found a way to get her the best care even if they couldn't have afforded the expenses.