❀Chapter 1: Childhood❀

_+*(Y/N)'s POV*+_

I remember this day as if it was yesterday. An echoing memory of mine that will stay in my brain no matter what I do. Terrible, awful, those words were nowhere near to describe what happened to me...

5 years old...I was 5 years old when this happened to me. I remember, I was practicing my quirk on the playground.

My parents were rich and owned a large amount of fortune. Even so, they didn't care the least bit about who I married, they just wanted me happy, but not spoiled.

The thing is, they weren't heroes, they were just business people and worked with a large company.

"Mommy! Daddy! Come look! I can destroy this bar of metal!" I said happily.

"Oh? Can you show us?" my mother asked me with a smile.

"See look!" I said as I squeezed the bar of metal as if it was paper.

"Great job honey!" my father said as he started to put me on his shoulders.

"Daddy! Put me down!" I yelled squirming on his shoulders.

My mother and father just laughed lightly, then I started laughing too. Oh, how I missed those days when I could laugh without a care.

Walking home, the sun started to set and the sun reflected on my parents making them look as if they were glowing! Absolutely wonderful...

Of course, that's when all the happiness stops. Life isn't fair. It has never been and never will be. Reality took my parents away from me and ripped them out of my life.

"Oho! A rich couple and their child is here. I wonder how much money I can get out of you!" A villian said as they jumped out of the shadows.

"Stay back Tenshi!" my father said as he went in front of me and mother to protect us.

"Akumi, please, don't fight! Let's go!" My mother pleaded.

"Don't worry about me, I promise you, that I will be safe," my dad said already running towards the villian.

"NOT SO FAST!" the villian eyed stabbing my father in the chest.

Red...the scene was red. Covered with blood. There lay my father in a puddle of blood with a knife stabbed in his heart.

Blood drenched his clothes and my dad stood there, will lifeless eyes filled with regret and sadness.

"D-d-daddy??" I asked with my eyes wide and filled with fear.

"(Y/N), GO NOW! RUN FOR HELP!" my mother yelled as she tried to fight off the villian.

"Mommy? What about you?" I asked on the brink of tears.

"GO!" she yelled.

I ran as fast as my little legs could take me running and screaming for help. Finally, All Might came with me. I led him to where my parents were, but there was my mother...standing with a knife in her chest...Blood dripped down her body. My mother's eyes were lifeless and full of sadness.

The villian had an evil smirk on his face as he saw my mom falter to the ground. All Might immediately fought the villian, making the evil-doer rendered helpless.

Ambulances had arrived so had police officers, but no. They arrived way too late in order to save my parents. I didn't blame them. They would've never knew if I hadn't told them.

So, I blamed myself for not being able to get help sooner and not have helped my parents after they've given me everything I've wanted. They've loved me to the extent that they would give up their lives for me...

"I'm sorry, young one," All Might said putting his hand on my shoulder.

My tears were flowing non-stop...

Weeks later, I attended my parent's funeral and gained their fortune of over 15 billion dollars.

As a young five year old, I should've spent all the money at once, but knew better. I decided to move into a smaller house, and sold the mansion. I gained some money, so it was all good.

This leads me to where I am now. Every day, I have trained myself to becoming stronger. Calming my senses and getting smarter. I have controlled my quirk and have thought about many fighting styles.

I make my own money by working at a cafe and gives me about $35 per hour. Many people ask why I still work even though I have enough money to last a life time. Well, I want to at least want to know how my parents felt like when they worked extra hard for me.

Every now and then, I'd visit their grave and decorate it with beautiful Gladiolus flowers, symbolizing strength.

This leads me up to where I am now. Fifteen years old. In my last year of junior high.

"You have to live through the worst parts of life so you never take the best parts for granted."

*•••*

815 Words