❀Chapter 32: Cypher❀

"Code Names," Mr. Aizawa started, "you'll be coming up with hero names."

"We're gonna do something exciting!" the class exclaimed in delight.

Immediately, Mr. Aizawa's eyes glowed a dark red and his hair stood up on its ends and just like that, the class was silent.

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day," Mr Aizawa said as he stopped using his quirl, "the drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential.

These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

"Adults are so selfish!" Mineta cried as he slammed his fist in his desk

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagakure commented.

"That's right," Aizawa agreed, "and here are the totals for those with offers."

Mr. Aizawa held up a remote and turned to the chalkboard and on it, the amount of offers given were shown.

Class A No. Of Offers

Todoroki: 4,123

Bakugo: 3,556

(Y/N): 978

Tokoyami: 360

Iida: 301

Kaminari: 272

Yaoyorozu: 108

Kirishima: 68

Uraraka: 20

Sero: 14

"In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these two this year," Aizawa said pointing to the board.

"Gah, there's such a big difference!" Kaminari complained as he leaned back on his chair.

"Those pros don't know a good thing when they see one!" Aoyama huffed.

"Todoroki's first, and Bakugo's second...?" Jiro asked.

"It's the opposite of their placement in the sports festival," Kirishima said as his eyes widened.

"Some people are too scared to ask for a gut who had to be restrained on the podium," Sero explained

"What're the pros scared of?!" Bakugo yelled turning his head towards the black-haired male.

"You're amazing, Todoroki," Yaoyorozu complimented turning to the half boy.

"They're probably all because of my dad," he replied.

"You guys are really amazing, I wish I had gotten that many offers," I sulked.

"What? You got the third most in our class though!" Yaoyorozu exclaimed.

"I guess...978 votes are better then nothing..."

"Wow, we got offers!" Ochaco cried out in excitement as she shook Iida.

"Yes, yes," Iida replied.

"Midoriya, you didn't get any!" Mineta commented as he shook the greenette, "they're scared of you 'cause of the crazy way you were fighting!"

"Yeah..." Midoriya replied.

"Keeping these results in mind, whether or not anyone asked for you, you will all be participating in internships with pros," Mr. Aizawa declared.