❀Chapter 8: Feelings❀

The bus ride was long and chatty. Everybody was talking about how nervous they were. I listened to my music and looked through the window.

Todoroki...he was really strong and also had a high intellect as well. He knows how to deal with situations in a quick and easy way.

I wonder, why does he cover his left side. His scar, probably from a family incident. I could tell it from his eyes...

Nonetheless, he looks kind of cute...

'WAIT, I LIKE HIM?! IT'S ONLY BEEN A COUPLE DAYS OF SCHOOL!!'

I huffed in my seat as we arrived to the UCLA Athletics championships.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE, START HEADING OUT AND (Y/N) GET DRESSED!" Our coach yelled.

I got ready and changed into the specified leotard. I look around and saw the competition. I was going to be on Floor. The others, such as Vault, Bars, and Beam, I won't be competing in.

"Err, Kanade Tachibana! You're up next," a director said coming up to me.

"Thank you," I replied.

The director nodded their head and left.

'Geez, sometimes that pretend name of mine is kind of confusing...'

I went into my starting position on the floor. My nerves were kicking in A LOT!

"And now, we have contestant number 68, Kanade Tachibana!" the announcer said.

(This is your routine. The same one I showed you in practice).

Somersaults, front handprints, splits, you name it! I had to do all that. Dancing to the music, I did a moonwalk! The crowd cheered! They were roaring like a lion!

Finally, I ended the routine. My team started to high-five me and tell me 'Good Job!' My coach looked at me with pride written all over face.

I checked to see the score, and...I GOT A 10! A PERFECT SCORE!! HOLY SCHNITZEL!! The crowd cheered and
I took in my last moment of glory in gymnastics. I ended my 'career's strong and that's what counts.

We were awarded the trophies and medals. I was 1st place with a perfect floor routine. The ceremony was over and I went over to my coach.

"Hey, coach, may I have a word with you," I asked.

"Of course, and good job today. You've made your team proud!" my coach said patting my back.

"Well, I would like to quit the team. Well, gymnastics at that."

Her face was in complete shock and her pride seemed to be shattered.

"Very funny, (L/N). Now, let's start heading to the bus with the rest of your team."

"I'm serious. I'm tired of you yelling and screaming at us. It's not fair! Plus, you treat everybody horribly except me!" I yelled.

The coach stared at me wide-eyed, "all right then. You shall quit the team, but know this. YOU WILL NOT BE WELCOME IF YOU TRY TO COME BACK!!!" the coach yelled.

My coach stormed off, leaving me and a couple of reporters who had overheard about our talk.

'Why'd you quit?' 'Did the coach really yell at you like that?' 'How'd you train with a person like that?' Those were some of the questions asked, but I just left.