❀Chapter 23: Declaration❀

"Let's get this party started!" Present Mic yelled, "one final countdown before the game starts! THREE!"

"Get 'em," Bakugo said as he cracked his knuckles.

"TWO!"

"He's ours," Todoroki declared.

"ONE!"

"BEEEGIN!" Midnight announced.

Immediately, every contestant charged straight for our team.

"Not even giving us a chance, huh?" I sighed, "such as the fate of the pursuit."

"This is it!" Ochaco said nervously.

"Make your choice Midoriya!" I exclaimed.

"That's easy!" Midoriya yelled, "we're running away!"

"Don't think so!" A boy named, I believe was TetsuTetsu screamed.

"Yeah!"" A boy with a skull-shaped head on TetsuTetsu's team agreed.

Suddenly, the ground started to sink and our feet were slowly being engulfed into the ground!

"What's happening?!" Ochaco said.

"We're sinking!" Midoriya replied.

"No good! I can't get out!"

"Uraraka, Hatsume, watch your faces!"

Midoriya clicked a red button that activated the booster pack that was on his back. It blasted us up in the air where none of the teams could reach us!

"HE FLEW?!" Tetsutetsu yelled, "DAMN SUPPORT COURSE, AFTER THEM!"

"Jiro now!" I heard Hagakure order.

"I know!" Jiro responded.

I looked down only to see that her headphones were coming straight at us.

'Small ones should do the trick...'

"Sorry if this hurts you Jiro!" I yelled.

Just in time, I summoned light ribbons in the way of the headphone jacks to block them. Almost immediately, her jacks retracted in order to refrain from anymore damage.

"Stupid quirk of hers!" Jiro said in frustration.

"Woah, that is seriously cool! Those light ribbon of yours sure do come in handy! But I thought they came out of your bike?" Midoriya said.

"Partially they do. My light ribbons can be activated with my bike and that doesn't take up any of my strength. These light ribbons can also be activated at any time even without my bike, but my strength weakens. Since that one was small, it didn't do too much for me," I explained rather quickly.

"Wow! If you can keep that up, you can take care of our omni-directional mid-range defenses! (Y/N), you're amazing!"

"Well, since I asked to be on your team, it's only fair I prove my worth," I replied with a small smile.

"We're landing!" Ochaco warned.

Slowly we made it back to the ground safely and went back to running on the field.

"So what do you think of my babies?!" Hatsume asked, "aren't they just precious? Cuteness can be manufactured y'know!"

"Excellent mobility, your babies are amazing Hatsume!" Midoriya complimented.

"Aw thanks!"

'But isn't Ochaco the one making them float? Oh well.'

Looking around, I saw that many teams had already lost their headbands and some were gaining many.