❀Chapter 22: Glaring❀

Those words echoed through everyone's mind as they immediately targeted Midoriya as the team to take down. This is the burden of being at the top.

"First years!" Midnight exclaimed, "these are the rules that you'll abide by! The game itself will last 15 minutes! Individual points will be added together to reach your team total.

Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So, the more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them!

And another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up!"

"It's anyone's game then," Yaoyorozu deduced.

"Yeah and since there are forty two contestants there'd be ten or twelve teams fighting on the field the entire time," Sato said turning to Yaoyorozu.

"Sounds hard..." Aoyama trembled.

"So if you lose your headband at the beginning, you have more time to make up a plan," Mina said turning to Tsuyu.

"Well, I don't know Mina, maybe we should wait and see how the teams turn out before we start strategizing," Tsuyu claimed.

"This is going to be rough," Midnight smiled, "you may use your quirks as much as you like, but there are still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card, you'll be disqualified!

Now you've got fifteen minutes to build your teams! I recommend you get started!"

Hearing thoss words, I quickly made my way through the crowd, knowing that it was risky to be a part of this team, but I am willing to take it. I have 195 points since I got 4th place, not bad, but I am still a target for those at the bottom.

I made my way amongst the crowds of first years when I see the greenete I was looking for talking to Ochaco, but before that, I was stopped by Bakugo and his group.

"Hey techno nerd, join our team," Bakugo demanded.

"Um, sorry, but I was actually planning on joining Midoriya's team already...sorry," I replied calmly.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" he yelled, "you want to join that nerd's group?! Your team will be sure to lose if you join them."

"I know, but I've got my own plans, and I really like sticking to the status quo."

"C'mon (Y/N)! If you join us, we're sure to win, especially with that cool tron bike of yours!" A certain red-haired boy smiled.

"Thanks, but no thanks. There are plenty of other people that are willing to join your team, so I'll take my leave now. Time is running out."

With that, I quickly left to go to Midoriya, but in the background, I can hear Bakugo shouting curses to me!

I giggled at his outburst, I finally made it to the team I wanted to join. I could see Midoriya crying rivers...again, but I mean no one wants to join him, so I guess he's got a good reason?

Before I could talk, he made this face again at Ochaco...