❀Chapter 19: Ready, Set, Go!❀

Fireworks lit up around the enormous dome stadium of UA, signifying the start of the sports festival.

"Welcome back to the UA Sports Festival! Where up and coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for the chance to be the winners of this competition!" Present Mic yelled.

"This first group are no strangers to the spotlight, you know them for withstanding a villain attack! The dazzling students lining up with solid skill! The hero course students of Class 1-A!"

That was out cue to start walking into the stadium. It was PACKED. The cheers of the crowd were incredibly loud and it was extremely difficult to ignore.

Looking around, I noticed that Midoriya was looking around nervously as he saw the people in the stands.

"U-ummm, I didn't know there would be so many people," Midoriya stuttered.

"I hope we are still able to give our best performances even though all these eyes are watching us," Iida commented.

I sighed, 'Thanks Class President. You definitely put less pressure on us...'

"I suppose it's just an aspect of being a hero we all have to learn to get used to," Iida continued.

"Present Mic really talked us up a lot," Kirishima said turning to me, "kinda makes me nervous."

"Mhm," I replied.

"How are you feeling man?" Kirishima asked Bakugo.

"I'm not worried," Bakugo replied smirking deviantly, "makes me want to win this thing more."

The other students of the other classes started to come out as well. New faces, new rivals. I wonder how all their quirks are used and if I can take advantage of that.

"GIVE IT UP FOR ALL OF UA's FIRST YEAR CONTESTANTS!" Present Mic yelled.

The crowd roared immensely and the stands were all riled up.

Class 1-B...The general classes, the support course...they all came here to win. I'll make sure I win.

"I get the feeling we're only here to make the hero students look better," I bear one of the General Studies students say.

"I can't wait for this to be over with," another one said.

'So much for determination. Perhaps that's the reason they didn't make the cut for the Hero Course or the just didn't want to do it at all.'

We all started to file down to a red space where one our teachers, Ms. Midnight stood on a metal podium. I stood next to Kirishima and Kaminari just because they seemed to be a bit more cool-headed then the rest.

"Now, the introductory speech!" Midnight yelled.

"Woah! This year's chief umpire for the first years, is the R-Rated Hero! Midnight!" a hero exclaimed.

"Disgusting perverts, those people are," I muttered.

I turned my head to see almost every boy blushing at Midnight's outfit

"Uh, someone should talk to Ms. Midnight about what she's wearing..." Kirshima said putting his head down a bit.

"Not you too Kirishima!" I said nudging him.

"Yeah, that costume should come with a warning..." Kaminari commented.

"..."

"Is it really appropriate apparel for a high school game," Tokoyami added.