❀Chapter 30: Impossible❀

I sighed and just sat on the cold nursing bed with a thin blanket on my lap. The muffled sounds of the cheers, laughter, screaming, and jeering could be heard from above me. I couldn't be in the stadium in person, but thankfully, there was a TV monitor right in the corner of the room.

Slowly standing up from the bed, I irked from the pain on my back. It was as if a million fire ants has bit me, and someone had placed salt in the wound!

"Now, now, sit back down dearie, you haven't finished healing yet," an old women's voice said.

Looking at the door, I saw an old petite woman enter. She had a pink helmet with a blue visor covering her face and a small white lab coat. With that, she also held a cane which resembled a syringe. Those traits made me immediately recognized who she was.

"Oh, Ms. Recovery Girl, I'm sorry, I just wanted to look at the match up close," I apologized.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure you're wondering who's battling it out right now. Just sit back down and I'll bring the monitor closer to you so we can both watch!"

"Thank you, I hope I'm not causing too much trouble."

"It's no worry at all dear! That Todoroki fellow seemed to be very fond of you! He sat next to you while you were unconscious and he even ran to follow the Emergency Workers you see!"

"Really? That's nice," I replied, a small smile coming to my face.

"Alrighty then, let's watch this match shall we?"

The petite woman brought the TV Monitor closer to me and she she next to my bed in order to get a good view of the live screening.

On the screen showed Sho and Bakugo on the opposite sides of the arena. The volume wasn't on, but I could heard the cheers from above me and the muffled voice of Present Mic.

"Welcome to the final battle of the UA Highschool Sports Festival!" he exclaimed, "in just a moment here, we'll see which first year comes out on top!"

The screen shifted to the large TV monitor shown in the stadium revealing the pictures of Sho and Bakugo.

Flames erupted from the corners of the stadium as every audience member erupted in even louder cheers.

"Yes it all comes down to this folks! From the hero course, Shoto Todoroki!" once again, the clowed roared and I clapped when the screen showed him. I also noticed that Recovery Girl smiled at my action, but immediately looked back at the monitor.

"VERSUS! His classmate, Katsuki Bakugo! Now, let's begin!"

Almost immediately, Sho slammed his right hand to the ground and from there, a large barrage of ice appeared in front of him and surrounded Bakugo in a cage of ice.

"That's just like the attack he did before, but it seems more controlled," I commented.

"Todoroki starts with a crazy ice blast! Bakugo seems to have been completely buried! Is it possible we've already got a winner down there?!"

"That's not possible. Bakugo doesn't back down that easily," I muttered.

Rumbling could be heard from above the room and the ground shook slightly, confirming my suspicions. Recovery Girl even seemed a bit concerned in the room as small bits of the ceiling fell to the floor.

Looking back at the monitor, an enormous explosion was made inside of Sho's ice and popping out of it, was the one and only Bakugo! He quickly made explosions from his back to make himself zoom out of the hole he had made and to quickly approach his opponent.

Sho did the same, trying to approach him, but once Bakugo got close enough, he evaded Sho's attempt to grab him from his right side. Instead, Bakugo made sure to grasp Sho's left side and trying to throw him out of bounds.