4. New Schedule

"Norah please tell me that's the actual uniform

"Norah please tell me that's the actual uniform."

I glanced up from the beautiful bowl of oats porridge mixed with bananas and strawberries and towards the worried face of my guardian. "What? You delivered it, Walker."

"Then why does it look so different? What did you do to the sleeves? And are those boots even allowed?"

"Walker..." I pinched between my eyebrows, visually showing my annoyance. "The last time I checked, nothing is wrong with adding some style to my flare."

"Your flare?"

His face crumpled with confusion, and I smirked. "Everyone has their signature look Walker."

"Unfortunately, your signature these days seems to be nothing but trouble...try not encounter that destructive human being at school will ya?" he shoved a water bottle into my one-strap bag before lifting it from the counter. "And eat quickly, you can't be late on your first day."

     I watched him exit, suddenly losing my appetite. I don't doubt that Noel will try talking to me again. He clearly still has an agenda and as distasteful as it was to think about, I knew I'll have to face him head-on. I just wasn't sure how ready I am.

   When you loved someone so deeply and they took advantage of it, how do you be your strongest self before them? Especially after they know how much they broke you. Noel knew he always had a stronghold over me. The Norah from two years ago would've fainted in the hallway upon seeing him. Although, I did come pretty close-

"Norah let's go!"

I reluctantly shoved one more spoon of oats into my mouth before rushing out behind my impatient butler.

    When Goldwater Academy accepted me into their Ace group, I was immediately briefed that this cohort wasn't just a normal set of students. The Ace group was for students whose grades averaged between ninety-five to one hundred percent at the end of each semester and they were tasked with upholding appearances for the school. Our grades had to be maintained perfectly. As Walker drove out of our parking lot, I couldn't help but feel the added weight of responsibility just from thinking about it. In order to stay on top of my grades, I had to focus like never before.

I can't allow Noel to divert me... again.

   Our classes were placed on the fourth storey. All the juniors, sophomores, and senior Ace students studied on this floor and had very limited access to the other facilities below us. Most who took the elevator to this floor did so with pride, but only dread filled my stomach, as the elevator doors pulled open, and I stepped into the hallway.

   My gold skirt flushed gently against the back of my thighs and the cold air stung my legs, causing me to twirl my toes in my favourite black ankle boots. I quickly scanned the students walking past me and relaxed when I didn't recognize any of them.