5. Noel

My anger was still fuming by the time my lunch period began

My poor esteem wasn't recovered.

   I couldn't stop thinking about the insults he threw at me without the desire of murdering the guy. Who does he think he is? He was clearly abusing his power to take revenge on me for ruining his stupid orientation speech. That's the only thing that made sense.

It made me livid.

   The disgust that was across his face made my rage burn even more. How dare he talk about my style? As a matter of fact, I think I look elegant in my uniform. Sure, I may cuff a sleeve here or there, but that's because I hate tight clothing.

I even paused by one of the glass shelves in the hallway and observed my reflection, just to make sure I wasn't wrong. Even though he was correct about my stockings...

The point was, I didn't like the fact that he felt he could simply control me.

"Why do you look like you want to kill someone?" Sarah asked, her eyes wide with worry.

I blinked from my thoughts and exhaled. "Sorry. I had a run-in with Duke this morning."

Her brown pupils widened. "Oh no, what happened?" the way she whispered and ducked her head to hear my response, felt like Duke was hiding somewhere in the cafeteria and eavesdropping on our conversation. I cautiously, glanced around the room, just to make sure the blond-headed draconian, wasn't present before easing back into my chair.

"Let's just say, I have tutorial classes with him to fix my behavioural problems," I replied with a roll of my eyes.

The memory of his coldness flashed into my mind again and I shoved some chips into my mouth un-lady-like with anger.

I didn't even know what to expect from this 'tutorial'.

"I'd rather get kicked out of Ace than have lessons with that guy."

"My thoughts exactly."

   The cafeteria doors slid open then and in walked the red-head I met on orientation day with a blond guy and Thayer. From this distance, I suddenly realized how tall she was as her shoulders almost matched Thayer's. I lowkey admired the way her chin lifted high as she entered. The small smile on her lips spoke confidence.

I wished that would've cleared up where I knew her from, or how she knew me. Nothing about her seemed entirely familiar and made me doubt whether she was as nice as she portrayed.

   Thayer left her side after walking her and the guy to a table where the members of the executive body sat and then made his way to ours with a bright smile. "Hey girls, how's the first day going?"

"It's long and boring," Sarah answered with a sigh.

He chuckled. "Don't worry, it'll get exciting real soon. I can't eat with you today, but I thought I'd check in," his eyes slid to me expectantly and I forced a small smile in return.