6. Norah's Therapy

"The day you fell off your bike," Walker said, his tone sounding suggestive, and I paused in the hallway beside my room

    When I noticed the angered expression on his face, I exhaled tiredly. His usually pale skin was turning red, and the lines on his forehead deepened, a sign of worry. I knew he would've found out that there's more reasons why I always seemed so traumatized by the thought of Noel and on a day like this, it was incredibly difficult to hide it.

"Yes, it was him," I admitted.

"Oh Norah," he pulled me into a tight hug. "How could you let him get away with it? I thought he was just a cheater."

    I welcomed his fatherly embrace, suddenly missing my father more than usual. It's been two months since we've separated and I guess I never noticed until now, how much I missed the simple things, like an embrace. "We were moving anyway. I just never thought I would see him again."

"And of all the schools," Walker sighed and released me. He bent his head, levelling his height with mines while staring me in the eyes. "We need to file a complaint, get a restraining order-"

"No," I declined.

"Norah, why are you protecting him?"

"I'm not, I'm trying to protect my father. You know how he gets. If I file a complaint, he'll find out about everything. Do you really think adding more troubles is the best option? Plus, we barely have any evidence of what happened."

    I was pleading with Walker. There's no need to go to that extreme to control Noel. He may be crazy, but I am not the same girl I was when we dated. I am stronger now. I could stand up for myself. God knows I will even get Duke Kingsley involved if it meant keeping Noel under wraps. Although he was already involved.

"Trust me, Walker, today was just a big misunderstanding but the student body president saw everything and I'm sure he's handling the situation as we speak," I continued.

"The same one who you said hated you?"

"Yes."

    Walker pinched the bridge of his nose, frustrated. I doubt his children stressed him out as much as I did. "There's no way I can allow Noel Carson to just roam around freely Norah, especially after today but you are right about not having sufficient evidence to prove that he deserves to be locked up," he hesitated, thinking deeply before continuing, "Until I come up with an option, I guess we just have to be a bit more cautious on school grounds."

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Definitely."

"If you can work something out with Duke-"

"I have no doubts that he'll help me."

I was filled with doubts.

"And if Noel so much as breathes too close to you, I will file the report myself. Understood?"