Chapter Sixxteen (Part One)

Mila smiled to herself as she applied the finishing touches to her makeup. She had woken up from her coma last week and was finally getting released from the hospital. She applied a bit more hairspray to her roots to add some volume before exiting the bathroom.

Waiting outside in the room was Vince, "You ready?" He asked with a smile. "Yes! I'm so ready to eat some real food!" Mila replied giddily. Vince laughed as he followed the girl out the door.

Once outside, Mila breathed in a deep breath of fresh air. She was so happy to finally be out of the hospital, at least she was... Seconds after the duo exited the hospital, they were swarmed by flashing lights and shouting paparazzi.

Mila felt Vince grab her hand and pull her towards a car, opening the door for her to get inside. The blonde followed behind her and the car sped off, leaving the group of cameras and journalists behind.

"Fuck, I definitely didn't miss that..." Mila said. "Yeah... my trial was all over the news. The press is having a field day with you being released from the hospital," Vince explained in a sad tone. "Ugh, they can all go fuck themselves," Mila replied, earning a chuckle from Vince.

The car pulled up to The Rainbow and the two got out after Vince informed the driver of when to come pick them back up. After getting seated, Mila order a beer and some fries while Vince just got water.

"No beer?" Mila questioned. "Nope, part of my agreement with the court is that I stay sober," Vince answered. Mila nodded in response as the waitress came back with their order. "So is Nikki still sick? I'm super bummed I haven't heard from him," Mila said as she dug into her fries.

Vince panicked a bit inside as he tried to think of what to say. After the phone call at the hospital, Tommy fibbed and told Mila that Nikki was sick and that was the reason he couldn't come by. The band had all gone along with it, not wanting to break the news to Mila that the bassist had practically cut off communication with everyone except Vanity.

"Uh, yeah. Tommy stopped by yesterday and said he still isn't doing well," Vince mumbled. Mila gave him a look before taking a swig of her beer. "Uh huh..." She said, causing Vince's head to pop up. "What? You don't believe me?" He asked. "You've never been good at lying to me Vince..." Mila said with a chuckle. "I'm not lying!" He responded. "Okay okay," Mila said, but she still felt like something was going on.

After finishing up at The Rainbow, the car picked up Mila and Vince and took them back to their house. Mila dragged her bag Vince had brought to the hospital upstairs and unpacked her things.

Once Mila finished up in her room, she bounced down the stairs and grabbed the keys to her car, "I'm getting drinks with Jessie, be back later!" She called out to Vince and walked out the door before he could ask any questions.

Mila started her car and pulled out of the long driveway. The girl had rushed out before Vince could question her because she wasn't really on her way to meet her old coworker. She was headed towards Nikki's house in Van Nuys.

Mila knew something was going on, the whole band had been acting cagey ever since Tommy called Nikki at the hospital. So if they wouldn't tell her what was going, she was gonna find out for herself. Also, she missed Nikki. He was the only person she wanted to see the week after she woke up and he never came.

Mila pulled up to the gated community and greeted the security officer. The man recognized her from pictures with the band and let her in, but informed her that Nikki already had a visitor. Mila shrugged it off, figuring it was probably Tommy checking up on him.

As the girl pulled up to the bassist's house, a confused expression clouded her face. It wasn't Tommy's Harley parked in the driveway, it was a black Benz.

Mila got out of her car and approached the front door. She knocked and waited but there was no answer. She knocked again. No answer. Finally, she tried the knob and the door creaked open.

Mila paused for a moment before entering the house, Nikki wouldn't care if she walked in anyways. The girl observed her surroundings, the house was decorated with dark colors everywhere. Persian rugs littered the floors, statues watched your every movement from the fireplace, gorgeous dark hued curtains hung from the windows.

The house was amazing, but... a disaster. There must've been a million empty JD bottles and cigarette cartons (and that was just in the living room). Stains covered the rugs and a majority of the curtains looked like they had been torn down in a fit of rage.

Mila's eyebrows furrowed as she walked further back into the house, towards what she hoped was the master bedroom. "Nikki?" She called out as knocked on the door. Unsurprisingly, there was yet again no answer.

Mila sighed as she opened the door. But what she found behind it caused her body to go numb and the air in her lungs to disappear. All around the room were needles, burned spoons, and makeshift tourniquets.

As her sight moved from the floor, to the bed in the middle of the room, her heart sank. Nikki was passed out with a girl Mila recognized as Vanity from MTV. Vanity had been a backup singer for Prince before joining 'Vanity 6'.  The group released a song called 'Nasty Girl', Mila had seen the music video on MTV with Nikki and Tommy.

Emotions from the scene in front of her taking over, Mila dropped her keys which landed with a loud 'clank' and covered her mouth as a sob erupted from her body. As tears welled up in her eyes, she saw Nikki's head pop up, "Oh fuck..." He whispered.

(A/N: Part Two coming soon! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated 🖤 - abby)