Chapter Twenty-One

Mila took a deep breath to calm her nerves before walking out of her bedroom. When she got downstairs, she saw Tommy talking to an irritated looking Shawn, "Hey...I'm sorry to of kept you waiting, some asshole spilt his drink all over me and I had to change," Mila lied as she approached the two boys.

As Tommy left the duo to go find a girl for the night, Shawn gave Mila a glare, "What's wrong?" She questioned. "So Nikki had to go help you change? You couldn't do it by yourself?" Shawn asked in a cold voice.

"What are y-," Mila began but was cut short by Shawn. "Jesus Christ, he came down the stairs with his shirt only half way on and was buckling up his pants! Not to mention the smug little look that fucker gave me," Shawn said, his voice growing louder.

Mila stammered over her words, trying to figure out what to say to make things better, but when she looked up at Shawn, she saw the anger rise in his eyes, "And you come down here with a fucking hickey on your neck, I knew you were just some groupie slut, I should've never tried anything with you," Shawn spat before turning around and storming towards the door.

Mila's heart dropped as she ran after the boy. As the livid Shawn walked towards his car, Mila caught up to him and grabbed him by the arm, "Shawn please, I made a mistake," She pleaded. The boy whipped around, "You made a mistake? You basically fucked your ex like the tramp you are, while I'm downstairs looking like an idiot!" Shawn yelled in her face.

Mila flinched at the anger erupting from the boy. The two were so caught up in the moment, that they both failed to see that the noise had caused Tommy and Jessie to wander outside and investigate. Mila felt tears began to fill her eyes, "I'm so sorry, please I'll do anything," She spoke in a shaky voice as the boy turned back around.

Mila reached out again in an attempt to calm Shawn down and make him listen, but as soon as her hand touched his arm, the boy spun around and backhanded her. Mila's body dropped to the ground in an instant, her head and shoulder slamming against the pavement. "Go fuck your rockstar, he had a great time proving to everyone that he could get you back into bed," Shawn said in the coldest voice he could muster.

Mila could hear Tommy shouting behind her and then the sound of footsteps running towards her and Shawn. When she opened her eyes back up, her vision was blurry and the side of her head was throbbing. Pushing herself up from the ground and stumbling to her feet, Mila felt a set of hands grip her arms, stabilizing her.

The girl blinked a few times as her vision returned to normal and saw Tommy standing beside her, his face clouded with both rage and concern, "Are you okay?!" He asked in a worried tone. "Y-yeah I'm fine, just go back to the party, we're fine," Mila stammered, her voice barely audible. "Y'all obviously aren't fine!" Tommy said angrily as Mila pulled back from his grip.

Before Mila had the chance to convince Tommy to let her handle things, she saw Nikki emerge from the house with Jessie. She watched Jessie say something to Nikki and then point in her direction. Nikki's demeanor went from calm to red hot as soon as his eyes landed on the scene in front of him. "Oh fuck.." Mila whispered to herself.

Nikki began running towards her, Shawn, and Tommy, no doubt ready to slam his fist into Shawn's nose. Mila quickly moved to block his path before he could reach the boy. "Nikki, go back inside!" She yelled, forcing herself not to let her emotions show in her voice. "Who the fuck do you think you are?! I'll fucking kill you you piece of shit!" Nikki raged as he tried to get around Mila.

Mila pushed back against Nikki's chest, doing her best to keep him where he was. "Why don't you two listen to the girl and get the fuck out of here?" Mila heard Shawn speak from behind her. "I swear to God you better get the hell out of here, cause if I get my hands on you, no one's breaking it up this time," Nikki threatened in a low but chilling voice.