Chapter Sixxteen (Part Two)

Mila panicked as she tried to gather her wits. She dropped to the floor and frantically picked up her keys before turning around and walking out of the room. The sound of Nikki's feet hitting the floor and running towards her caused the girl to pick up her pace.

"Mila hold on!" She heard Nikki shout after her as she ran out the front door. Mila made it to her car, but just as she managed to unlock and open the door, Nikki came up from behind her and pushed it shut. Mila turned around and faced the boy, "I don't want to talk to you Nikki," She said, holding back the tears as best she could.

As the girl looked up, she saw shocked by what she saw. The sweet face she once knew was gone and had been replaced by a stranger's. Nikki looked like he had been to hell and back, twice. He was also..crying. Mila had never seen Nikki show this kind of emotion before, hardly anyone had.

"Mila please, just let me explain," Nikki pleaded as he reached for her hand. Mila quickly stepped back against the car, the tears in her eyes spilling over onto her cheeks. "Explain what huh?" She choked out as she jerked her hand back from Nikki's. "Explain how you were too busy shooting up and fucking to come visit, or even call?!" She asked, her voice breaking as it turned to a shout.

Mila saw the hurt her words caused in Nikki's eyes. "I- I didn't-," Nikki whispered, scrambling for the right words to say.  "You didn't what Nikki?!" Mila shouted as the tears streamed down her face. "I almost fucking died and all I wanted was to see your face, to hear your voice..." Mila trailed off as she stared at the boy.

Nikki hung his head as Mila's words sunk in. "I never should've trusted you. You're just like every other selfish rockstar in this town," Mila spoke again, her voice rising as the hurt turned to anger. "I don't know why the hell I thought you cared about me! It's clear all you care about is sex, money, and drugs just like every other god damn junkie in this business," The girl shouted.

As soon as the words left Mila's mouth, a rage of anger and hatred exploded in Nikki. The emotions quickly took over his body, "Fuck you!" He screamed as he slapped the girl across the face as hard as he could. Mila, taken off guard, got knocked to the ground from the impact.

Nikki immediately froze after realizing what he'd done. When Mila looked back up at Nikki, she had a busted lip and fear plastered across her face. "Oh f-fuck," Nikki stuttered as he bent down next to the girl. "Mila I'm so sorry, I don't know why I did that-" He rambled but Mila flinched when he tried to help her up.

Without saying a word, Mila stood up and got in her car. She started the engine and sped off out of the neighborhood. Nikki stood in his driveway, running his hands through his hair as the tears streamed down his face. "FUCK!" He screamed as he punched the concrete beneath him.

To the neighbors, the scene that was unfolding must've seemed like something straight out of a movie. Nikki standing in his driveway with no shirt or shoes, screaming and punching the ground.

As Nikki collapsed to the ground, Vanity opened the door and walked outside. "Are you okay...?" She asked as she approached the boy.

Nikki whipped his head around as he spoke "Just leave!" He yelled as he got to his feet.

"Babe I don't understa-,"

"I SAID FUCKING LEAVE!"

Vanity quickly disappeared back inside the house before reappearing with her purse and keys. "Baby I-,"

"DON'T FUCKING CALL ME THAT! I'M NOT YOUR GOD DAMN BOYFRIEND NOW GO!" Nikki shouted.

Vanity quickly got inside her car and sped off, leaving Nikki alone in the driveway once more.

-

As Mila's car screeched to a stop at her Vince's house, she laid her head against the steering wheel and let the tears roll down her cheeks.

After pulling herself together, she got out of the car and went inside. Vince's car wasn't in the driveway, he was probably at a strip club picking up girls with Tommy.

Mila dropped her bag and immediately went to the miniature bar in the living room. She poured herself a double of vodka and downed it.

The girl picked up the bottle and carried it outside with her. She sat down and lit up a cigarette. After blowing out a cloud of smoke, she brought the bottle to her lips and took a long chug.

As more time passed, the more empty the bottle of vodka and the pack of cigarettes became. When Vince finally arrived home about two hours later, he entered the house and called out for Mila.

After searching around the house for a bit, he finally spotted her outside. "Hey Mila," He greeted her as he opened the door.

"Hi," Mila replied blandly before taking another swig of the bottle. "What's wrong...?" Vince questioned as he approached the girl. Mila stayed silent, taking another drag of her cigarette before flicking it away.

Vince sat down next to Mila, "Mila?" He asked again. When the girl turned her head to look at him, his stomach dropped. "Jesus Christ, what happened to your face?!" He asked.

The busted lip had swelled up and the skin around her cheek and the side of her mouth had began to turn a dark purplish color. "I v-visited Nikki," She slurred, a sad smile spreading across her face.

"Did he do that to you?! DID HE FUCKING HIT YOU?!" Vince yelled, anger rising. "N-no I just- I just f-fell," Mila replied as best she could. "Fuck that you did not fucking fall! Did he hit you?!" Vince asked again.

Mila looked at Vince, tears brimming her eyes. Vince quickly stood up, but Mila caught him by the arm. "No, Vince, please don't leave," She said in a barely audible voice.

Vince looked at the girl with a sad expression before sitting back down and pulling her into a hug. As Mila cried against his shoulder, he thought back to the last boy that had made Mila feel like this.

During their junior year, Mila dated a boy named Brandon. She was completely in love with him and he cheated on her their senior year. Vince had arrived at their apartment to find Mila so intoxicated, he had to take her to the hospital to get her stomach pumped. The next day, Brandon was in the hospital with a broken nose and bruised ribs.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," Vince whispered to himself. Mila pulled back from the embrace as she spoke, "No, you're not going to do anything. This is between me and Nikki," She said sternly. Vince opened his mouth to protest but didn't get a chance, "Promise me you won't do or say ANYTHING to him or any of the other guys," Mila said, looking him dead in the eye. Vince let out a long sigh before replying, "Okay. Fine, I promise," He said before hugging Mila again.