Yashima

The Kings Gold

-

For as long as I can remember I have lived in the crowded and dirty city of Yut-Quin with its old red-painted buildings rising high and smells of farmers selling horses, chickens cows and slaves around the streets but I remember being a beggar child that is until I was captured while trying to steal a rotten apple and then by the angry and financially frustrated farmer I was sold off to the red light district as whore and here inside the courtesan's pleasure quarters I have been ever since my tender years going by the name Yashima which means in the old tongue of my people "The Strange One" but I don't suppose I have anyone to fault for the name since I didn't have one to begin with and they're right! I am a strange one.

In my country of Shina even though I have never left the pleasure quarters of Yut-Quin city I know for a fact that people here have pale skin and rosy cheeks with either black or hazelnut hair but...not me.

I heard my madame say that it's possible that I am the child of a slave from some foreign land but I don't even resemble any of the slaves.

So many beautiful girls here I see all around me with skin like milk and hair like midnight with cherry lips but...not me...never me…

I'm not beautiful like them, I'm called exotic and shown off as a strange mystery but I'm not really pretty at all.

My eyes are brown so not too unusual but my hair is a strange hue, to say the least! In fact, it's a bright yellowish colour and it's so thick I cannot even run a comb through it without it turning into a tangled mess or breaking the comb.

My skin is also strange it's dark almost like the skin of a slave but it's not tan from work it's just...dark and even darker than most slaves.

But despite my ugliness people's fascination with me keeps my madame happy and hopefully myself fed.

However, as I sit here in my service quarters with my latest client fast asleep and reeking up the whole place of wine and the vomit that he passed out in while I look into my tiny mirror trying to put healing herbs on my bruises I can't help but feel sad again even though I know I should push these feelings away.

It's just… I saw cute children yesterday during the walk for lady Huaki and children always make me sad… I never knew my own mother and I have a secret!

It's the main reason I'm requested so much, I'm a male omega!

And it's hell! No one wants a male omega for more than just a plaything so I'll never have a family of my own...instead once I'm too old I'll be thrown out to die all alone on the streets since the monastery won't want me either since male omega are wicked temptresses according to the high monks and nuns.

And the chances of finding my true mate or for my true mate to even want me are slim to none so it's foolish to dream of those old childhood stories about princes coming to sift their true love away but still there is a part of my heart that dreams of my own fairytale one with a kind mate to love me even though I'm unworthy and lots of beautiful children with his eyes.

My foolish
Stupid
Heart!