Love And Devotion

As the brave king Kīde rode into battle he could have sworn that his heart had never beaten so fast but to him, this battle was like no other that he had faced before.

He had fought many large numbers of men and he had bought them with no prior warning however he supposed that what was different this time was the stakes at hand.

He would protect that castle anyway because he had already signed an agreement but it was what was resting deep inside that drove him to fight so hard despite the danger to himself. 

My darlings 

I promised you that I would keep you safe

And not even a thousand armies shall keep me from that promise 

He swung his sword his hardest until it was like a sandstorm sweeping men into the air while his swift steed carried him fast over the beach and even through the shallow tide pools as swift as a breeze.

But he couldn't help but drop his sword and fall down from his equine when he felt a sudden immeasurable pain in his side.

He rose up off the ground to see blood pouring down his side which should have never been possible.

He pulled back the armor to see that it had tampered with meaning that someone had no doubt wanted him to be killed.

He felt faint and he could see blood pouring out all around him.

He couldn't help coughing up blood as he staggered back into a nearby rock.

He felt weak enough to close his eyes but he was afraid that if he did so he wouldn't wake up and at that thought, his mind drifted to his beloved once more.

But 

What will happen to them if I die and never return?

Who will take care of them?

What if the mu-kang gets to them?

No!

My mate and our little baby need me!

I won't let myself perish before I can at least tell them I love them!

I made promises to them and I shall keep them!

He opened his eyes and pulled a piece of his robes off and packed his wound then picked up his sword and called his horse back to his aid.

He rode off once more now more determined to not only defeat these pillagers but also get as far away from this twisted country as possible with his family.

The enemy was defeated and driven back to the sea never to return.

Kīde threw off his armor furious as he yelled to the court of Shina.

"I CALL OFF OUR DEAL"

To this, the Emperor was greatly dissatisfied.

"YOU CANNOT DO THIS!"

"MY ARMOR WAS SABOTAGED BY A METAL BENDING SPELL! A SPELL WRITTEN ON THE INSIDE OF MY ARMOR IN SHINAN!"

The court goes silent as they watch Kīde and his men turn to get packing with Zhao practically chasing after the king begging him for his help as a small dog biting at the heels.