Recovery

-

Upon the king's envoi arriving home the news of not only his Queen but of his poor Queen's dire state had spread throughout the kingdom and all of his subjects welcomed the queen with festivals and many prayers as well as every night in every single capital city of every district people would gather in the Square and set off lanterns as prayers for their Queen's health.

And many people of every background made either the short or the long journey to the capital city to offer gifts to their beloved King's new bride and expected child.

Everyone from wealthy merchants bestowing their silk to farmers offering up their rice.

Kīde was never really one to either accept or demand tribute from his subjects because he thought taxes were enough and he didn't really see the point in calling a whole bunch of people to the capital to give him things when he figured that he had more than adequate comforts in his life but it made him happy to know that his beloved was accepted by his people so graciously.

As for the king himself, he never left his omegas bedside except for when Kenji would call him a way to take care of himself for a few moments.

Kīde had placed his family in the special suite and bed he had prepared just for them and filled the room with magical healing incense as well as many other luxuries like a vase of moon roses the rarest flower in the world that only blooms once a full moon.

He had a golden robe made for his beloved and threw away the old rags then using more of his magic and medicine from his Imperial library he healed more of the injuries day by day until finally, the condition of both his mate and his child were stable and so it would only be a while until they woke up.

Even though his mate was completely unconscious Kīde still found a way to make his little omega eat enough nutrient-rich food to finally get a lot better and he also had some of the most skilled healers from around his entire nation working around the clock to help.

But still, his sweet omega slept unaware of his rescue yet sleeping softly with a glow to his cheeks almost like he was dreaming of sweet things.

"You're looking much healthier and happier my little love! The baby is doing better also!"

Said the king softly as he brushed some gold hair out of his beloved's face but the king himself looked exhausted and still worried.

For the first time in weeks, the king's eyelids fell shut as he then passed out into a deep and much-needed sleep.

-

Yashima felt warmth wash over his body like he was wrapped in the softest cloud from heaven.

I must be dead

This feeling of peace and comfort can surly only be heaven

It makes me sad to know that my baby never got to live but perhaps it's better this way?

Poor darling

Mama is so sorry 

… am I dead?

As Yashima struggled through his sleepy and blissful mind to wake for what seemed like forever for never before had he felt...painless.

No cold no hurt just...joy and comfort beyond anything he had ever felt.

He slowly fluttered his eyes open and after they adjusted to the sunlight he looked around and gasped in awe at his truly unbelievable surroundings.

He was in the largest and most beautiful room he had ever seen and the more he looked the bigger his eyes got.

There were beautiful paintings all over the walls and ceiling of pretty gold and jade flowers with filigree forest animals and all around the room there more pretty fresh flowers in pretty pink and cream vases.

The room was also filled with wonderful things such as small white and gold marble tables and vanities with bejeweled mirrors, paintings of beautiful nature scenes hung on the walls and were even painted on the furniture and the cute little tea set on the table.

Even the floor looked like a work of art since it was pink and white marble with splashes of strawberry red and sparkling sprinkles of a rosy gold striped throughout.

Pink and golds with hints of red and chiffon seemed to be the dominant colours of the room along with the rich earthy colours of the wood and nature.

The room also smelled so good that it made his heart leap in his chest they way that it does when one smells a beautiful rose.

He then looked to see that he was in the largest and most beautiful bed he had ever seen.

Soft furs with golden almost buttery silk quilts decorated with flower petals and seashells then there were the big fluffy pillows that matched the quilts and were so comfy and soft.

Everything was so silky and fluffy that it felt like sleeping on a cloud in the sky and the golden sunshine seeping through the big double windows made the pretty silk as well as almost everything in the gorgeous room sparkle.

The fresh crisp breeze gently wafting in smelled sweet like a woodland by a creek and carried with it pretty peach coloured petals from a kind of tree he had never seen just outside the window.