Kenji Has A Plan

Kenji had been the king's chief advisor for many years but before then he was his childhood friend so he knew him quite well and it hurt his heart to see such a sweet and kind man wasting away in such despair.

If there was anyone in the world who deserved to be a father it was Kīde! Yet his best friend called off the search abruptly then locked himself away in his chambers where he hardly ate or slept just drank himself into oblivion as he mourned while his mind slowly went even further downhill.

Even though his mate had rejected him perhaps as some way to cope he still had gone back into the royal family suite and refurbished it all and even filled it all with everything a baby would need or would make a pregnant omega comfortable.

Kenji would go into the child's room to find his dear king longingly leaning over the cradle that he himself made and painted by hand as he sobbed silently while drunk out of his mind rocking the cradle gently.

He had worked so hard to find his little omega and had worked so hard to give his family the world yet only to have his heart broken into pieces.

Kenji didn't know of any other king that would paint his baby's room and make his baby's toys and cradle by hand.

Kīde had done all this out of the purest love in the world with the hope of showing his love… and was seemingly thrown to the side to fall apart all alone.

The man had grown paler than usual and had lost too much weight then he stopped even trying to pretend that he was fine.

He let his long black hair down and hid his now listless eyes behind it like a curtain of sadness as he seemed to wither away faster each day.

Kenji knew his friend would die of a broken heart just like his mother before him unless a change was made and so Kenji and a few of the king's closest friends from generals to servants banded together to find the mate of their king and friend in the hopes they would not be too late.